The Proposal Coordinator is self-motivated, detail-oriented and energetic with a strong work ethic. This key team member is well organized, and has excellent written and verbal communication skills to assist with the day-to-day operations within the Bids & Proposal team. They will be responsible for the administration, production, and configuration of proposal and technical quote submissions supporting the Leidos Security Detection & Automation Organization.
In close partnership the Sr. Proposal Manager, the Proposal Coordinator is responsible for general support to proposal team members and arranges proposal logistics, such as supplies for delivery.
- Work closely with the Proposal Managers, Sales Leads, and Capture Managers to anticipate and communicate team needs (SharePoint, IT, reproduction, proposal facilities, special supply orders, etc.)
- Understand solicitation/tender documents, including all amendments, to ensure the response plans account for requirements and changes
- Coordinate the proposal schedule and ensure deadlines are realistic/achievable
- Manage the capture team contact roster
- Assist with standard quotes and customized proposals for foreign and domestic customers
- Ensure document deliverables included in the final quotation/proposal are completed and submitted to the customer
- Track weekly updates and statuses on each assigned opportunity
- Coordinate process work flow with the rest of the Bid & Proposal team
- Track and assist in the resolution of issues
- Bachelors degree and 5+ years of related experience with demonstrated knowledge and experience of proposal responsibilities in high-volume and fast paced environments.
- Ability to successfully and comfortably interface with different functional groups, such as Sales, Program Management, Finance, Supply Chain, Contracts, Operations and Engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Aviation, Business Administration, or related discipline or equivalent education and experience required.
- APMP certification is a plus
- Problem solving skills and ability to navigate a matrix organization
- Ability to manage multiple and competing deadlines
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.