Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
As an Operations Support Specialist you are expected to create positive, professional and productive lines of communication with both internal and external customers, in addition to delivering the highest quality technical performance possible. You should be a self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and clearly understand your customer’s expectations and requirements relative to our contracted mission.
It is imperative that you identify and manage both positive and negative feedback from your customers. The customer feedback should be implemented in your solutions and included in your weekly report. A portion of your performance evaluation will be based on formal and informal customer communications as well as your reporting and Team Lead’s observation.
- Provide subject matter expertise, assistance, recommendations and hands-on-support to all Special Programs/Operational support related activities.
- Support Identity Data Management development from cradle to grave.
- Prepare, review, and staff required documentation for Identify Data Management.
- Perform day-to-day activities to ensure the timely and accurate development/integration of Special Program requirements.
- Prepare routine to advanced formal recommendations, reports, correspondence, etc., including the supporting administrative documentation as required by the government.
- Assist in conducting Due Diligence (DD) assessments in accordance with DoD policies.
- Prepare comprehensive written DD assessments and reports and assist with oversight actions.
- Attend community meetings and working groups as required by the government/on behalf of the government lead, and advise on addressed discussion points, due outs, requirements, and suspense dates.
- Maintain accountability of all operational support documentation.
- Prepare, write, review, plan, staff, submit, and track required operational support requests utilizing appropriate databases.
- Track Program Accesses for all indoctrinated personnel and provide indoctrinations and debriefs as required.
- Assist, collaborate, and coordinate with government agencies.
- Develop solutions, and convey to internal and external customers.
- Monitor security applications through the review and analysis of appropriate metrics and maintains required records.
- Prepare and disseminate security procedures/guidance.
- Update and maintain appropriate records (e.g. database and hardcopy) of security actions.
- Receive, control and safeguard SCI and collateral information. Support mailing and other dissemination as required.
- Prepare and deliver briefings to internal and external high level leadership in command positions.
- Understand procedures for handling SCI Controlled Access Programs (CAP’s), Special Access Programs (SAP), Alternative Compensatory Control Measures (ACCM) and other collateral materials IAW applicable security policies and regulations.
- Monitor security applications through the review and analysis of appropriate metrics.
- Minimum of 5yrs experience conducting or directly supporting special or sensitive operational activities--VERY SPECIALIZED
Bachelors or equivalent experience in a related field
Years of experience:
Requires a BA degree and 8 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 10 years of prior relevant experience.
Experience with Identity Data Management Policies, Directives, and Instructions.
Completed the following DoD/JCITA course: Advanced Technician Course
Must have the ability to travel
Successful completion of DoD’s Advanced Planning Course, and/or Due Diligence Course.
Two years of hands on experience on Due Diligence as it applies to counterintelligence assessments and the Identity Data Management program.
Experience working Identity Data Management current and trending, procedures, databases, and other related automated management tools.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.