Leidos is looking for a Senior System Engineer to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology. We are using Test Driven Development (TDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. The program provides system engineering, development, test, integration and operational support to a large, fast-paced program, and is developing infusing new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
A Senior System Engineer is needed to provide support for adding new capabilities to a complex system with exacting interface, performance and security requirements. The selected candidate will provide system engineering expertise in one or more of the following areas: architecture, design, development, requirements analysis, data flow, network design/implementation, testing, and documentation for the system. He/she will analyze user requirements, system architecture, and system requirements specifications, and will provide systems engineering expertise and develop system architecture and system design documentation. Responsibilities include supporting and providing guidance for system development and implementation planning through assessment of system engineering plans and system integration and test plans. He/she will support the development of system configuration documentation, including designs for capacity and performance planning and will perform engineering activities, including risk assessments and analyses of alternatives for a variety of system related issues and concerns. He/she will help define task success criteria and test procedures.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- The selected candidate will provide guidance and support for system engineering of large-scale systems, major system elements, and interfacing systems that are part of a large complex network environment with geographically distributed components.
- He/she will interface with program management, system and software integration engineers, test engineers, information assurance engineers, and other project team members in an Agile environment.
- He/she will be responsible for implementing system engineering practices to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks.
- The selected individual will be responsible for communicating with and effectively collaborating with internal technical professionals on a day-to-day basis, and with POCs from customer organizations when necessary.
- The systems engineer will actively participate in program increment planning and related agile team activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or a related field and at least 12 years of related experience, or a Doctorate and at least 10 years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- At least three (3) years of experience designing and developing large integrated classified systems.
- Must have demonstrated experience in several of the following areas: system architecture, design, and development, requirements analysis, data flow design/analysis, network design/implementation, testing, technical system documentation.
- Must have experience analyzing user requirements, system architecture, and/or system requirements specifications.
- Must possess a solid understanding of secure systems engineering and development.
- Must have software development or shell scripting experience.
- Must be comfortable working on multiple systems and components simultaneously in various configurations.
- Must be capable of performing systems engineering activities in support of agile teams.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and communicate clearly regarding technical options and trade-offs.
- Must be capable of performing high quality work both independently and with a team in a fast-moving environment.
- Past experience using CAMEO a plus.
- Model based systems engineering experience a plus.
- Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology or as a member of an agile team.
- Experience with technical documentation development.
- Past Test Driven Development (TDD) experience a strong plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.