The Government Health & Safety Solutions group is seeking an experienced mainframe software developer to support a large contract in the Baltimore, MD area.
The Mainframe Developer is a proactive customer-focused advocate, a team player with previous mainframe software development experience. The candidate will provide software development and maintenance of Mainframe systems, legacy modernization, validation testing, and implementation.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the Agency’s validation databases, associated validation environment utility programs, and integrity of respective end-user validation data
- Responsible for technical efforts on major projects and will develop systems requirements, code, test, and/or implement proposed application/database updates
- Responsible for customer outreach and support for test data infrastructure and environment by performing backups, restores, and accretions of test data utilizing customer-directed industry products
- Responsible for conforming to customer standards and requirements and will be involved in creating and maintaining code and database structures such as Job Control Language (JCL), Restructured Extended Executor (REXX), CLIST as well as various mainframe utility tools such as SYNCSORT, File-AID, etc.
- The candidate will investigate and repair application defects in collaboration with technical team lead
- Responsible for unit testing and validation against desired outcomes. The resource is expected to function as part of a team and maintain a high level of collaboration with government customers, and must demonstrate excellent communication skills to ensure success
- Brief management, customer, team, or end-users using written or oral skills at appropriate technical level
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills to ensure success.
- Must demonstrate the experience and ability to work with internal and Agency technical advisors and staff to provide appropriate level of support for Agency application development, testing, and maintenance support efforts
- Demonstrates the ability to support multi-phases of software application programming and database updates
- Possesses experience in identifying and recommending process improvement
- Must have experience in IBM z/OS platform (OS/390/MVS), for developing and maintaining application software systems utilizing, for example, JCL, Dialog Manger
- Experience or knowledge of querying data using SPUFI, QMF, and SQL
- Requires BS degree and minimum 5 years of prior relevant mainframe software development experience
Experience with mainframe-based software configuration management systems such as Endevor
Experience with Control-M or other mainframe-based job scheduling tools
Experience in Federal Government sector contractual support
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:0
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:ADP2 / IT2
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.