Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook. We know once you join our team, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
The Intelligence Group at Leidos is looking for a Cloud and Data Center Program Chief Engineer. We are excited to start a new effort supporting a federal agency’s datacenter optimization and modernization. Upon award, we will provide seamless support while transforming the service management to the most modern frameworks, standards, and methodologies.
High level description of the role:
As a Chief Engineer (CE), you will be responsible for leading engineering activities across all aspects of the program, including systems engineering, DevSecOps, Automation, Hybrid cloud infrastructure, and Cyber Engineering. The CE will have broad IT experience and deep understanding of network-related and software defined technologies as well as engineering management processes, cost estimating, business acumen, project management, and all aspects of ITSM.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- The CE leads all technical tasks during program startup and implementation, including establishing the engineering team for contract execution.Works closely with the Leidos Program Manager and PMO to provide services and projects that adhere to quality, SLAs, schedule and budget.
- Works closely with the Leidos operation unit providing status, establishing approval processes and obtaining reach-back support from related programs throughout Leidos to deliver successful program execution.
- Works closely with the client Program Office and other customer leadership at the most senior levels regarding IT strategy, contractual requirements and service delivery.
- Serves as the technical lead on large, complex projects and providing technical advice/input that impact successful contract execution across the entire Hybrid Computing Enirement (HCE).
- Affects Service Delivery by developing new solutions, processes, standards or operational plans that lead to successful execution and continuous improvement.
- Resolves highly complex and multi-dimensional problems requiring consideration of variables that affect multiple aspects of the project/program.
- Problems range from high impact operational events to tactical corrections.
- The CE focuses on internal program coordination and is the overall leader and supervisor of other Engineering leaders on the Program.
- Mentors and coaches other technical staff.
- Able to travel to client sites.
- DoD Top Secret Clearance
- Master's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college and 15 or more years of technology engineering experience; Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Five or more years as the Chief Engineer for IT Technology for a large scale program(s).
- Experience managing a team of technical professionals to deliver IT projects and operations.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to work with customer and program office to achieve success.
- Experience with standard system engineering lifecycle concepts, architectural frameworks and artifacts to produce working solutions.
- Capable of presenting complicated concepts and course of action to Government and Leidos leadership.
- Experience producing business cases for government projects and experience estimating project work as well as operations and sustainment.
- Technical experience with current and emerging IT technology covering Network Design and Services, DevSecOps, Automation, and Hybrid Cloud.
- PMP® or equivalent project management certification
- Recognized cloud certification, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified Solutions Architecture professional and other cloud providers certificate.
- ITIL 4 Foundation in IT Service Management certification
- Detailed knowledge of key engineering and network technologies such as Cloud Natives, Splunk, Firewall, ServiceNow, Automation tools, Virtualization, Network Certification such as CCNA, etc.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.