The Strategic National Stockpile (SNS) Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Administrative Specialist. This is an exciting opportunity to provide administrative support to assist in operating and maintaining the SNS national stockpiled inventory. In this mission we assist in ensuring the SNS inventory is ready for deployment, providing the ability to respond 24 x 7 in an emergency. The successful candidate will provide administrative support, travel management, and and calenadar management for branch chief in support of program.
- Perform clerical and administrative duties for the Division of Strategic National Stockpile branch.
- Arrange travel and accommodations for the branch/team members using the agency’s travel system. In addition, vendor shall:
- Prepare travel orders, memos, travel vouchers, and support documentation for approval and disbursement of funds with minimal errors and in the timeframe established by the branch.
- Performance Standard – ensure travel documents processed within 72 hours of receipt.
- Review all reports generated by ASPR’s travel department and make corrections to travel orders/vouchers as needed.
- Follow special processing procedures for conference attendance.
- Maintain travel files according to ASPR guidelines.
- Track travel trips and expenses.
- Input travel data to the division travel worksheet that provides travel information and tracking for branch and division monitoring.
- Input travel expense data to division system of record.
- Monitor branch/team conference rooms and resolve conflicts in the conference room schedules. Including:
- Schedule meetings as directed by branch members.
- Assist in the setup of all hands meetings as requested.
- Schedule interviews as requested by branch members.
- Answer and triage phone calls to the branch/team. Telephone inquiries are answer tactfully, pleasantly, and intelligently based on a substantive knowledge of program operations, personnel, and policies, and referred to the appropriate team members as necessary. Incoming faxes and emails are handle in the same manner.
- Serve as the primary mail clerk for the branch/team and is responsible for ensuring mail sorted and distributed properly.
- Maintain office supplies and assist in purchasing actions to support branch activities. Including:
- Inventory office supplies and prepare purchasing request forms for the replacement of spent supplies and new items as needed. Agency purchasing guidelines for the purchase of supplies are follow. Approvals are obtain on purchase requests as required. Sort and stored supplies upon receipt.
- Purchase Request Form (1350) shall be used or purchase request shall be entered in online purchase request system MACCS 1350.
- Process requests for purchases, telecommunications service, and training requests
- Prepare purchase request forms and verify training request forms received from employees. Purchase Request Form (1350) shall be used or purchase request shall be entered in online purchase request system MACCS 1350.
- Record all expenditures in the branch spend plan tracker.
- Input purchase expense data into the division system of record.
- Maintain records of purchases according to agency guidelines.
- Review outgoing correspondence for proper attachments, signatures, clearances and conformance to division procedures.
- Follow branch procedures, coordinate with division staff to in-process new employees, and out-process departing employees.
- Monitor branch equipment, requesting service and ordering supplies for printers, fax machines, copiers, etc., as required.
- Escort visitors as required.
- Maintain files according to branch procedures and agency guidelines. Including:
- File correspondence, reports, records, publications, regulations, and directives.
- Maintain procedures files.
- Coordinate and execute Records Management by performing periodic inventory of files and disposing any outdated material per agency guidelines.
- Locate filed material by subject matter, numeric designation, or symbols, as required.
- Review contents of files and summarize information for supervisor or staff (e.g. locate material and information in files and/or intra/internet resources for information related to subject matter or topic).
- Locate information from file or other sources for recurring internal reports and documents.
- Maintain calendars/schedules as needed.
- Maintain Occupant Evacuation rosters for branch members for use by building evacuation team during emergencies and:
- Shall email rosters to the building evacuation team and shall print copies of the roster held at the branch’s administrative support desk on clipboards with evacuation team hats and provide updated Occupant Evacuation roster at the beginning of each month.
- Print and assemble briefing packages as required, or, if approved, submit print orders to the Government Printing Office as required.
- Draft briefs, letters and memos after receiving general instructions on the subject matter when correspondence relates to non-technical, administrative matters such as memos about deadlines or requirements to submit reports.
- Publish and maintain branch administrative procedures as guidelines for branch employees to conduct regular administrative tasks, including but not limited to, requesting travel, requesting training, requesting office supplies or other purchases, requesting leave, etc.
- Control the production of reports and outgoing correspondence to ensure suspense dates/times are met, including coordinating the efforts of various staff members.
- Integrate a variety of types of office automation software to generate specific working documents and forms.
- Be responsible for general facilities issues and shall submit work orders as required.
- Door and cubical signage shall be printed and posted according to guidelines; parts shall be ordered through the design team according to agency procedures.
- Update the branch-seating chart as directed, obtain branch clearance, maintain the current copy, and forward a copy to the division administrative officer.
- Ensure proper handling of all personally identifiable information (PII) to protect branch members from identify theft.
- Other duties as assigned
- Required to be on-call 24 hour/7 days a week. Must be able to respond to mission alerts within 15 minutes with a recall of 90 minutes to report to designated location. Must carry a cell phone at all times.
High school diploma or equivalent and up to 3 years of experience in related field.
Knowledge of procedures for use of various standard office equipment such as telecommunications, faxes, copiers, manual or automated files
Basic foundation of administrative concepts, principles and practices sufficient to perform independently duties involving eliminating conflict and duplication of work
The ability to work both independently and as a team member
Strong relationship-building and diplomacy skills
Must have the ability to work handle request (s) from multiple groups/organizations
Must be able to identify error (s), problem (s), or non-standard situations and suggest alternative (s).
Must be proficient in common software, particularly with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Technically savvy is a plus.
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Must possess character traits of being accurate, meticulous, proactive, efficient, self-starter, a team player.
Previous experience supporting a government agency.
Knowledge of the Joint Travel Regulations preferred
Broad knowledge of the mission, function and practices of Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Homeland Security, and
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention /ASPR preferred
Knowledge of the regulations, policies and procedures outlines in the Federal Response Plan preferred
CONCUR Travel experience preferred
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.