At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies.”
The Leidos Defense Group has a dynamic opportunity for a Systems Engineer, Junior Level with experience in Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) to support the Air Force Research Lab (AFRL) located in Beavercreek, OH. In this role, you will use MBSE tools and methodologies to explore how future Autonomous Air Vehicles will serve as force multipliers within air combat scenarios.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Use Cameo Systems Modeler (CSM) to create new and revise existing system models, to include logical, physical, and functional views at various abstraction layers.
- Use CSM to capture, decompose, and trace system level requirements.
- Use CSM to analyze, define, and refine architectures, and interfaces.
- Use CSM to communicate system structure and behavior.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Government stakeholders, architecture, experimentation, development, implementation, integration, and test team members.
- Conduct trade studies to support the design, development, and assessment of advanced autonomous airborne technologies.
- Develop reports and presentations which highlight the effectiveness of autonomous technologies in air combat settings.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science with 2 years of experience, or a Master’s degree and less than 2 years of experience.
- Experience in systems engineering, specifically architecture capture, requirements definition, and trade-off analysis.
- Experience with the Object Management Group (OMG) Systems Modeling Language (SysML).
- Experience with MagicDraw or Cameo Systems Modeler (CSM).
- 10% CONUS travel required
Security Clearance Requirement
- A security clearance is not required to start. If you do not have a current clearance, you will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a DoD Secret level.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Candidates with the following desired knowledge, skills, and abilities will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience with MBSE methodologies, such as MagicGrid.
- Experience with Agile development methods, including Scrum and Kanban
- Experience with Agile collaboration tools, specifically Atlassian Jira and Confluence.
- Experience with automated report generation, specifically MagicDraw/CSM Report Wizard User Interface or Apache Velocity Template Language (VTL).
- Experience with executing model simulations and validating system functionality or performance, specifically Cameo Simulation Toolkit.
- Understanding of military aerospace development programs, particularly UAVs.
- Understanding of Command and Control (C2) architecture development for UAVs.
- Understanding of military CONOPS and DODAF/UAF/UPDM viewpoints.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$2,000.00
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.