The NASA End User Services and Technologies program has an opportunity for a Project Management Lead to manage our Enterprise Project Management team. The program is based out of Huntsville, AL at the Marshall Space Flight Center, but the projects and personnel are spread across the 11 performance sites. This is a key leadership position and an integral member of the NEST Program Management Team.
The Project Management Lead directly supervises a team of technical project managers to drive NASA Information Technology projects to successful completion. This position is also responsible for the design, implementation, and continual improvement of our project management processes and procedures, ensuring compliance with relevant NASA and Leidos procedures. In addition to leading the project management team, the lead will also directly manage complex, highly visible projects as necessary.
- The Project Management Lead is responsible for leading and directly supervising the NEST Project Management Team, which includes mid-career technical project managers and project support staff.
- Develop, implement, and maintain project processes and procedures for the program.
- Ensure all projects adhere to NASA standards, policies, and procedures as required.
- Actively manage a portfolio of up to several dozen projects through the overall project lifecycle, ensuring cost, schedule, and performance quality.
- Manage the project assignments and workloads of subordinate project managers.
- Support the development and collection of performance metrics to accurately gauge project success and velocity.
- Coordinate and engage closely with Government project management lead counterpart.
- Establish and maintain strong and productive relationships with key stakeholders, both within Leidos and NASA.
- Ensure NEST Leadership is made aware of project status and concerns prior to becoming major issues.
- Regularly brief senior NASA leadership the status of individual projects and the overall portfolio.
- Partner with NASA project leadership to successfully prepare for and complete all necessary project gate reviews, including Key Decision Points (KDPs) and Systems Engineering Reviews.
- Bachelor's Degree and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience leading large-scale, complex technical projects in the information technology domain.
- Significant experience leading highly dynamic, complex projects that impact organization-wide operations
- Experience leading and coaching a team of mid-career professionals
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams in a matrixed, geographically dispersed environment and working across organizational boundaries to ensure successful project execution.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with emphasis on communications with government customers and third-party stakeholders.
- Ability to set priorities and multi-task in a fast-paced operational environment without direct supervision.
- PMP Certification Required
- Experience leading projects at NASA under NPR 7120.7 to successful completion.
- Working knowledge of ITIL concepts
- Experience in bid/proposal/task-order management
- Experience working under Firm-Fixed Price (FFP) managed services contract.
- Extensive technical knowledge of End User Services, IT Managed Service Delivery Models, Endpoint Management, IT Infrastructure Operations, IT Service Management tools, and Information Security.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.