The Leidos NISC IV program is looking for a IT Business Analyst (BA) to join our team in Washington, DC to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Primary Responsibilities of the Business Analyst will be:
- Analyze the business needs of clients and stakeholders to help identify business problems and propose solutions.
- Function as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes and information systems in support of multiple IT projects.
- Understand business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
- Research, plan and recommend software and system choices to meet the organization's business requirement.
- Formally document business, functional and technical requirements and tracks any changes to them by producing and using System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) deliverable documents, including functional requirements specifications, requirements traceability matrices (RTMs), use cases, workflow diagrams and data flow diagrams.
- Develop and maintain Agile documentation including Product backlog/requirements, Release requirements and description.
- Interact with the customers to know their requirements, work with designers to convey the possible interface of the software, communicate with the development team to keep track of system development.
- Meets with the end users to review and validate the business and functional requirements and performs system testing with sample/live data with the help of testers to ensure the successful implementation of the new system.
- Interact with the customer to ensure compliance with Enterprise Architecture, DOT and NIST Security and Privacy Standards, and Contingency Planning guidelines.
- Participate in product design reviews to increase the understanding of functional requirements, and product designs.
- Generate and review software documentation and report to the team lead about inconsistencies that team lead may use to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks.
- Coordinate with FAA Infrastructure and Operations team to transition solutions to a production release and coordinate with FAA Help Desk to troubleshoot user issues.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or related field and 10 years of relevant experience.
- Extensive experience in managing, tracking and validating requirements. Experience in writing detail functional and nonfunctional requirement.
- Experience in developing use cases, business process modeling, Functional Requirement Document (FRD), RTM and Test Cases.
- Forward thinking and resourceful to ensure solutions are brought to fruition and requirements are closed properly.
- Ability to problem solve and apply methodologies such as Unified Modeling Language and Rational Unified Process, to prepare detailed specifications using case statements and related documentation.
- People skills, with the ability to engage diplomatically with stakeholders and communicate changes that may not be aligned with the original expectations
- Knowledge of proper requirements specification and development, such as process/functional requirements definition methods, JAD/RAD sessions, use case development, process flow diagrams
- Demonstrated ability to engage customers to resolve root cause issues in a positive, non-adversarial manner.
- Proven leadership skills, independent worker, and able to deliver with minimal or no supervision.
- Great organization skills to prioritize, follow up, deliver, and communicate status of assigned actions.
- Deep analytical skills to understand complex procedural problems, identify root causes, and provide solutions.
- Able to successfully handle customers’ expectations. Demonstrated customer-facing stance.
- Experience with conducting research on specified topics, determining conclusions, and presenting the results in a logical and concise manner.
- Working knowledge of Agile and Waterfall Methodologies
- Experience using SharePoint, JIRA and Confluence.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust.
- CBAP, CSM, CSPO and/or PMI-ACP Agile Certification is a Plus.
- Experience using SharePoint and Confluence as document repository.
- FAA or DOT experience is a plus
NOTE: The candidate is required to report to work in Washington DC office 2-3 days/wk and should be flexible to attend in person meetings with the customer as needed.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$1000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.