The Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Operation is hiring a Helpdesk Technician II to support the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) Defense Stockpile Management System. An active Secret clearance is required; all work is onsite. This position will be onsite for the first 6 – 9 months and then will be onsite in Kleber Kaserne, Germany for 2 – 5 years.
This position supports communications with external customers and works closely with System Administrators and software developers to provide seamless support to all users. Primary responsibilities include:
- Providing business hour network monitoring, and 24/7 call-in support (on-call support on weekends and after normal business hours of 0500-1900 EST)
- Ensuring all problems reported by end users have been adequately documented
- Providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, and software; respond to queries, run diagnostic programs, isolate problems, and determine and implement solutions
- Accessing databases using Toad for Oracle and Oracle SQL Plus to research and rectify nuclear weapons accountability issues
- Operating and maintaining the necessary procedures, hardware, network connections, and software required to monitor all DSMS systems and trouble tickets from users
- Providing technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware; walk customers through problem-solving process; follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved
- Performing user account management per the Account Management Plan
- Collecting and evaluating incident reporting practices and operations.
- Managing IT incidents and problems in general accordance with IT service management principles such as ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library).
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree with less than 2 years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Active Secret clearance
- Possess & maintain Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II certification
- Prior experience providing IT helpdesk support
- Ability to demonstrate the required knowledge and expertise for DoD Nuclear Weapons
- Accountability as obtained through on the job training provisions within 3 months of assignment to continue working on this SOW
- Commitment to move to Kleber Kaserne, Germany 6 – 9 months after contract start for a period of 2 – 5 years.
- Experience accessing databases using Toad for Oracle and Oracle SQL Plus.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Systems Administration
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.