System/Network Administrator (SNA) Skill Level 2 (SCCM)
Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc. Provides Tier 2 (Escalation) and Tier 3 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution. Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers. Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process. Configures and manages Virtual and storage environments; Linux, UNIX and Windows operating systems; installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity; and configures virtual, storage and network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
The Level 2 System/Network Administrator (SNA) shall possess the following capabilities:
- SCCM administrator ensures that all the systems devices are working properly and utilize the SCCM system resources.
- Responsible to make sure that the system device is working smoothly and have the overall knowledge about these systems running on different operating systems.
- Responsible to deploy the driver’s update, maintain the system configuration baselines, help to update BIOS range models, and prevent the system configuration drift.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide Tier 2 (Escalation) and Tier 3 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Provide in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems
- Configure and manage Linux, UNIX and Windows (or other applicable) operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity of and configure network components, along with implementing operating systems enhancements to
- Build, configure, monitor and maintain virtual environments
- Build, configure, monitor and maintain storage environments
- Provide detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets
Qualifications: Ten (10) years’ experience as a SA in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SA experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Contractor shall currently possess and maintain one of the following certifications:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate-Server (MSCA-Serv) Server 2008 or;
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate-Server (MSCA-Serv) Server 2012 or;
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert-Server (MSCE-Serv) Server Infrastructure or;
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert-Server (MSCE-Serv) Desktop Infrastructure or;
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert-Server (MSCE-Serv) Messaging or;
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert-Server (MSCE-Serv) Communication or;
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert-Server (MSCE-Serv) SharePoint or;
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional - Windows Server (MCITP – Serv) Administrator on Windows Server 8
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional - Windows Server (MCITP – Serv) Virtualization Administrator on Windows Server 8 or;
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional - MS Exchange Server (MCITP-EXG) Enterprise Messaging Admin on Exchange 2010 or;
- Computer Technology Industry Association - Linux + (Linux +) or; (U) Linux Professional Institute -Level 1(LPI-1) or:
- Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA) or;
- Sun Certified Systems Administrator (SCSA) or;
- VMWare Certified Professional (Vsphere 5) (VCP5) or;
- Computer Technology Industry Association - Storage + (Storage +)
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.