System/Network Administrator (SNA) Skill Level 3
Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc. Provides Tier 2 (Escalation) and Tier 3 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution. Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers. Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process. Configures and manages Virtual and storage environments; Linux, UNIX and Windows operating systems; installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity; and configures virtual, storage and network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
The Level 3 System/Network Administrator (SNA) shall possess the following capabilities:
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide Tier 2 (Escalation) and Tier 3 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Provide in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems
- Configure and manage Linux, UNIX and Windows (or other applicable) operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity of and configure network components, along with implementing operating systems enhancements to
- Build, configure, monitor and maintain virtual environments
- Build, configure, monitor and maintain storage environments
- Provide detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets
- Support the design of systems, mission architecture and associated hardware
- Possess a working knowledge and understanding of system administration interdependencies as part of the Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Analyze and resolve complex problems associated with server hardware, applications and software integration
Qualifications: Fifteen (15) years’ experience as a SA in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SA experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Contractor shall currently possess and maintain one of the following certifications:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert-Server (MSCE-Serv) Server Infrastructure or;
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert-Server (MSCE-Serv) Desktop Infrastructure or;
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert-Server (MSCE-Serv) Messaging or;
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert-Server (MSCE-Serv) Communication or;
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert-Server (MSCE-Serv) SharePoint or;
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional - Windows Server (MCITP – Serv) Administrator on Windows Server 8
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional - Windows Server (MCITP – Serv) Virtualization Administrator on Windows Server 8 or;
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional - MS Exchange Server (MCITP-EXG) Enterprise Messaging Admin on Exchange 2010 or;
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or;
- Linux Professional Institute -Level 2 (LPI-2) or:
- Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA) or;
- Sun Certified Systems Administrator (SCSA) or;
- VMWare Certified Professional (Vsphere 5) (VCP5) or;
- IBM CASA Lotus Notes/Domino (LND) or;
- Computer Technology Industry Association - Storage + (Storage +)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.