Leidos is seeking a talented Security Engineer to join our team to support a federal customer within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Enterprise Security Operations Center (ESOC). The Splunk Engineer provides support across a progressing agile team environment focused on supporting the ESOC Operations mission. The Security engineer will support the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, scripting, programming, test, documentation, and implementation following defined best practices and operational workflows. The Splunk Engineer will be a member of the Enterprise Splunk team, Cybersecurity Engineering team members and will be required to interact with end users to gather requirements, perform troubleshooting, and provide assistance with the creation of Splunk search queries and dashboards. The Splunk Engineer may be required interact with senior management, as necessary.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in system administration, database administration, network engineering, software engineering, or software development, with a concentration in Cybersecurity.
- Conceptualize, Design, Build, and Maintain current and future ESOC supported tools and platforms.
- Manage multiple assignments, changing priorities, and work independently with little oversight.
- Provide direct support for onboarding data into Splunk via forwarder, scripted inputs, TCP/UDP and modular inputs from sources such as FireEye, BlueCoat proxies, Big IP, Cisco, Palo Alto, host syslogs, etc.
- Support all support, guidance and develop processes to evaluate and improve all operating systems, hardware support, software, firmware solutions and provide advisement concerning future purchase of the same.
- Create, manage, and support automation solutions for Splunk deployment and orchestration within a Cloud environment.
- Work closely with senior engineers, other team members and application owners to solve technical problems at the network, system and application levels.
- Conduct periodic architectural reviews of installed sensors to assess effectiveness and propose optimal installation alternatives as required.
- Conduct network security architecture reviews to determine the size, and placement of intrusion monitoring equipment during the customer onboarding process.
- Documentation and Reporting along with presentation, teamwork and DHS wide collaboration are among the expected duties and mission of the task order.
- Build, implement and administer Splunk in Windows and Linux environments.
- At least three (3) years of experience with Splunk.
- Experience onboarding data into Splunk via forwarder, scripted inputs, TCP/UDP and modular inputs from a variety of sources.
- 3+ Years experience in Linux and SQL/ODBC interfaces
- 2+ Years experience in app interface development, using REST API’s
- General networking and security troubleshooting (firewalls, routing, NAT, etc.)
- Splunk architecture/design, implementation, and troubleshooting experience
- Experience in managing, maintaining, and administering multi-site indexer cluster
- Scripting and development skills (BASH, python, or java) with strong knowledge of regular expressions
- Proficiency developing log ingestion and aggregation strategies per Splunk best practices
- Expertise developing security-focused content for Splunk, including creation of complex threat detection log and operational dashboards
- Perform integration activities to configure, connect, and pull data with 3rd party software APIs.
- Ability to autonomously prioritize and successfully deliver across a portfolio of projects
- Undertakes day-to-day operational and user support
- Certified as a Splunk Architect
- Department of Homeland Security ESOC employees are required to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance to support this program.
- The candidate shall have bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field and a minimum of 5 years of experience in system administration, database administration, network engineering, software engineering, or software development, with a concentration in Cybersecurity. At least one of the following certifications: CASP, GCIH, GCWN, GISF, GISP, GSSP, GICSP, GSSP, SEI, CISSP, CCSP, CSSLP, SSCP, CCNP, CCNP Security, CCIE Security, CEH, ECSP, MCSE, RHCA, RHCE, VCP, VCAP, VCIX, VCDX
- Experience working in AWS and Azure
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.