Leidos is working closely with the Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division, to develop highly sophisticated, large-scale system of systems trainers and tactical decision aids to help Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) operators train for and operate in complex environments against quiet diesel and nuclear submarines. Leidos is seeking a senior Cybersecurity Engineer to develop complex cybersecurity solutions for the trainers and their development environments. This position requires US citizenship and a DoD Secret security clearance.
Cybersecurity Leads are responsible for directing the various Cybersecurity related operations at our customer facility at the Naval Surface Warfare Center in Carderock MD. This position will provide leadership support to our Cybersecurity Operations and Maintenance team, Cybersecurity Engineering, and our Cybersecurity Accreditation personnel. The Cybersecurity Lead shall:
• Oversee development of creative solutions to complex technical issues and problems
• Ensure that the team maintains a strong cybersecurity posture
• Set direction for team's cybersecurity resources and operations
• Work with the customer and appropriate agencies to develop new policies, design processes and procedures, and develop technical designs to secure the trainer development environment and deliverable trainer systems
• Assess system vulnerabilities, implement risk mitigation strategies, validate secure systems, and test security products and systems to detect security weakness
• Attend customer meetings and present status of cybersecurity activities in the areas of Assessment and Accreditation, Operations and Maintenance, and Cybersecurity Engineering
• Preside in part over the monthly Change Control Board, oversee the weekly O&M meeting, attend all trainer specific Cybersecurity calls, and present overall status at Customer Monthly meeting.
• Ensure that tasks and issues are properly entered, assigned, completed, and reported in Jira.
• Ensure all aspects of work are documented and reviewed in Confluence, such as rack diagrams of servers and network devices, network diagrams, server diagrams, how-to guides, and the like.
• Be responsible for time charging of all Cybersecurity personnel at Carderock as well as annual reviews, daily tasking, interviews, hiring, and other managerial duties
• Work closely with the ISSM at our Leidos location, and act as a backup to the ISSM
Bachelor’s Degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical degree. Candidate must be 8570.1-M / DoD 8140 compliant with certifications of Security+, SSCP, or CISSP as well as Linux+, RHCE, Network+, or CCNA (or better).
• Must have 8+ years of cybersecurity work experience
• Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position
• Experience with Atlassian Products, such as JIRA, Confluence, and Bitbucket
• Experience with Windows administration, specifically Windows 10, DISA SHB, and Windows Server 2012
• Experience with Linux system administration
External Referral Eligib
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Management
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.