The Leidos Defense Group seeks a Systems Engineer to support the End-to-End Visibility tenet on our GSM-O Special Projects Team. As a core team member, you will support E2E’s vision of architecting and designing single systems that provide a holistic single-pane-of-glass (dashboard) interface providing overall system status. You will also work with the GSM-O II internal development and implementation teams, operational end users, and support teams to gather data, define requirements and use cases, perform gap analysis, develop functional and design specifications, and test plans.
While this role is primarily remote, one must live within driving distance of Ft. Meade, MD or Scott AFB, IL to be considered.
The Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
The GSM-O II Program includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair, and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA’s operational mission through innovation, and support to DISA’s mission partners.
- Leading tasks related to managing and employing SE standard methods, models and artifacts, SE processes and tools to accomplish analysis, problem diagnosis and solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities as directed. These include:
- Data gathering, Requirements Definition, Use Case Development, Gap Analysis, Functional Specification, Test Plans, and Design Specification
- Working closely with End Users, Software, Data, and DevOps Engineers, and Data Scientists.
- Execution of engineering activities, requirements analysis, implementation planning, third party coordination, integration and test, documentation, deployment, and system assessment.
- Employing SE approach for systems planning, design, execution, and sustainment.
- Assisting in defining processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility.
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of systems engineering documentation and diagrams/models through use of SE tool.
- Understanding and leveraging an “Enterprise Product” approach to identifying 1) Requirements that represent a gap in capabilities, and 2) Opportunities for reuse.
- Collaborating with colleagues to monitor and report technical variances; facilitating resolution of technical issues that adversely impact successful product delivery
- Reporting the technical status of product development to assigned leads on a consistent basis.
- Estimating level of effort (hrs/days/resources) to outline & update a projected project schedule.
- Supporting requirements specification and definition for the GSM-O E2E Architecture
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 12+ years of professional experience; or 10 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
- Experience in architecture, design, develop, and delivery of data driven operations capabilities, within a DoD environment.
- 10+ years of systems engineering experience
- 6+ years of project planning experience
- 10+ years with Linux/RHEL OS system
- DoD Secret clearance or ability to obtain interim Secret clearance prior to start date
- Security+ certification or equivalent DoD 8570 IAT II certification within 60 days of start date
Experience with the following:
- Leading development of a software-based operational system
- Taking a solution through the Design Reviews, including SRR, PDR, and CDR
- Developing formal DoD requirements
- Requirements traceability for software systems (RVTM)
- Creating DoDAF artifacts
- CMMI, including the generation of appropriate artifacts
- V&V, including automated testing of software systems.
- Writing software systems engineering documents (SDP, etc.)
- Development of formal software interface documents (IDDs/ICDs)
- Shaping and leading a diverse multi-disciplinary team in a dynamic environment
- Developing detailed plans/schedules in support of technical assignments
- Knowledge of web services: API, REST
- Experience creating, developing & executing required work tasks to accomplish a project goal
- Experience identifying and tracking related project task dependencies, risks & possible mitigations
- Experience estimating level of effort (hrs/days/resources) to feed & update a projected project schedule
- Experience with JIRA, Git repo and Confluence
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Experience with data Visualization and dashboards
- Experience with Elastic/Kibana
- Experience with Network data
- Experience with big data applications
- Experience with cloud-based AWS services
- Experience with DevOps/DevSecOps
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.