Leidos has a Chief Agile Software Engineer position open near Offutt AFB, NE supporting the Air Vehicle Planning System (APS) contract. The successful candidate will serve as an enabler in terms of ensuring that the technical architecture is planned and executed to keep pace with the development activities, serves as a technical liaison between the Contractor and Government and uses a variety of approaches to ensure customer requirements are met. This position requires that be able to work independently with little supervision. You should have excellent organization and problem-solving skills.
- Leading in planning, definition, and high-level design of the solutions or alternatives.
- Enable the Continuous Delivery Pipeline through appropriate design guidelines.
- Actively participate in the Continuous Exploration process as part of the Continuous Delivery Pipeline, especially in identification, planning, and execution of technical work.
- Define subsystems and their interfaces, allocate responsibilities to subsystems, understand solution deployment, and communicate requirements for interactions with solution context.
- Support technology/engineering aspects of Program planning and execution.
- Provide oversight and foster Built-In Quality and Team and Technical Agility.
- Maintain traceability between requirements, design and test cases.
- Work directly with Agile Team(s) to determine velocity, prioritize tasks, implement requirements and implement automated testing concepts.
- Manage Product Backlog and assist the Product Owner to arrange the Product Backlog to maximize value.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation.
- Perform lessons learned and/or root cause analysis for production issues and provide resolutions in a timely manner.
- Recommend improvements to existing software applications, as necessary.
- BS degree in a technical discipline with 12+ years of recent experience with Agile Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) from conception through end of life. Experience should include using iterative development, test driven development, introducing testing concepts (both manual and automated) early in the process, and installation and troubleshooting techniques. May be able to substitute additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- 5 years experience leading projects using Agile/Scrum development processes and DevSecOps (including continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) and associated automation techniques) principles.
- Secret security clearance.
- Experience transitioning a program from a waterfall to an incremental delivery methodology
- Top Secret security clearance.
- Experience with USSTRATCOM ISPAN domain
- Experience with the use of the Air Vehicle Planning System (APS) for mission planning
- DOD 8570 IAT level 2 baseline certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.