At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
We are in search of a Facility Security Officer (FSO) to join our team to implement industrial security programs for the Leidos facility and program office, located in Aberdeen Proving Ground MD.
The successful candidate will coordinate and monitor highly sensitive aspects of DoD or other industrial security programs and other security activities while ensuring compliance with government and company security policies and procedures.
Candidate will Support clearance processing, visit certifications, document control, and physical security, including alarm response for controlled area program. Thorough understanding of security databases such as DISS, eQIP, NISS and ACCS. The FSO responsible for implementing and providing guidance to customers and management on security issues such as security education, insider threat, classified document control, security investigations, classification control and personnel clearances.
The FSO will apply knowledge of, and experience with, strong understanding of Physical Security requirements to include collateral Closed Areas and Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIF). Along with working knowledge of SF-86, SF-312, DD-254, SF700, SF702, Operations Security (OPSEC) to develop, implement, and maintain the OPSEC Program to protect sensitive unclassified information, activities, equipment and materials. Develop, participate in, and /or provide training and awareness.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Interface with all levels of Leidos personnel and government management personnel to ensure contract security compliance with National Industrial Security Operating Manual (NISPOM), DoD Manual 5205.07, Contract Security Classification Specification (DD254) and Program Classification Guides.
- Analyze moderate problems, and provide focused solutions with the ability to effectively communicate information to various audiences.
- Bring security risks to the attention of the senior management and PM’s as identified.
- Conduct security self-inspections, apply risk mitigation methodologies, support customer assessments, and implement security measures to meet requirements.
- Make critical security decisions concerning high value contracts and to implement security procedures that will prevent unauthorized access to company and government facilities or information.
- Provide clear guidance to company employees, and recommend modifications to operations policies or procedures as appropriate.
- Management of COMSEC related duties and responsibilities under NSA CSS 3-16 and AR 380-40.
- Administer day-to-day security programs, personnel processing, program reviews, document control system, audits & self-inspections, violation investigations & reports, receipt/dispatch/destruction/mail logs, visit certs, etc.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years of prior relevant experience.
- 4+ years of experience supervising. Leading teams or projects or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5-7 years of professional experience.
- Thorough working knowledge of the NISPOM, other relevant DoD security guidance as well as the Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) standards
- Experience with Command Cyber Readiness Inspection (CCRI)
- Knowledge of managing SIPRNET
- Ability to interpret company and government security policies and apply them to program operations
- Strong understanding of Physical Security requirements to include collateral Closed Areas and SCIFs. Along with working knowledge of SF-86, SF-312, DD-254, SF700, SF702 and other required forms.
- Thorough understanding of security databases such as DISS, eQIP, NISS and complete DISS User Levels 2-6 Training within six months after being hired
- Experience creating and conducting initial security briefings, debriefings, indoctrinations, pre/post foreign travel briefings and refresher briefings, as appropriate
- Ability to develop and establish an effective security awareness, training, and education program. Assist in executing the requirements set forth in the Technology Control Plan (TCP) for foreign visitors.
- Communicates with parties within and outside of own area, which may include external constituents depending upon the area. Requires ability to influence others outside of own area on policies, practices and procedures.
- Assist with Proposal Writing and Contract Closeouts.
- Candidates must possess an active Top Secret clearance and be able to meet eligibility requirements for SCI access
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- FSO training certificate
- COMSEC Custodian certificate or experience required. Complete IAEC-2112 COMSEC Training Course six months after being appointed as Alternate COMSEC Account Manager
- Industrial Security Professional (ISP) Certification or Certified Protection Professional (CPP)
- Courier preparation procedures
- Experience developing and implementing OPSEC plans
- Knowledge of Access Control and Intrusion Detection Systems
- Experience conducting Security incident inquiries
- Resourceful in solving problem and capitalizing on opportunities
- • Professional Certifications/Affiliations
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:4000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.