Seeking an experienced Information Security Audit Specialist to work either full-time remote or onsite full time at NIH (National Institutes of Health) facility in Bethesda, MD (Rockledge Drive Campus).
- Provide Subject Matter Expert guidance, conduct review, and validate security audit data call responses. Work with multiple teams and departments to collect evidence, prepare deliverables for submission and perform quality assurance
- Act as the liaison between Information Security Office and technical staff. Prepare staff for audit by reviewing current configurations and controls, conducting dry-runs and mock technical audit walkthroughs
- Participate in meetings with internal and external auditors including kick-offs, resolve issues, identify risks and engage management as necessary
- Track audit data calls, provide status updates as requested
- Evaluate audit results, on the relevancy, accuracy, and perspective of findings against submitted evidence and security controls. Determine root causes and develop relevant and achievable remediation strategy
- Develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders of varying levels of seniority and information security knowledge in the organization to enable the effective identification of risks
- Support the development and delivery of presentation materials to be used in audit meetings
Qualifications and Education:
- BA/BS or an advanced degree in information systems, business, or a related field.
- 6+ years in supporting security control assessments and information system security audits for Federal agencies
- Demonstrated ability to analyze technical responses to audit data calls with a strong attention to detail, apply critical thinking skills, and use sound business judgment in the review of audit deliverables, NIH and HHS policies, and business practices
- Knowledge of FISMA, NIST and CIS controls and compliance measurements
- Expert knowledge of NIST special publications 800-30, 800-37, 800-53/53a, 800-60, among others
- Professional/technical certifications such as CISA, CISSP, CRISC, or CISM
- Strong analytical, problem solving, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Grants Management and Health Care related support activities, processes, and regulations are preferred
Must be able to obtain Public Trust
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2,000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.