The Business Accounting Operations team has an immediate opening for an experienced and ambitious Senior Accountant who would like to join a fun, knowledgeable and innovative team. This role will report to the Senior Manager of Accounting and will be primarily responsible for internal financial reporting, controls, compliance and policy | procedure oversight, and other projects as necessary, which will include interacting with both program finance leads and corporate accounting personnel.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Proactively monitor general ledger account balances for adherence with company policy and GAAP.
- Identify solutions to problems typically involve multiple issues, areas or specialties.
- Meet corporate financial closing and reporting requirements and deadlines.
- Review and approve journal entries, reconciliations and postings to the general ledger.
- Ensure compliance with our team’s SOX and DFARS internal controls.
- Coordinate internal and external audit requirements and respond timely to requests.
- Provides measurable input to new solutions, processes or standards in order to achieve team’s automation | improvement opportunities.
- Assist the Senior Manager of Accounting and other team requirements, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and minimum of 8 years of accounting experience with progressive experience in the financial close processes and attributes to motivate and lead others.
- Public accounting audit experience or accounting experience within a publicly traded corporation.
- Certified Public Accountant with current knowledge of GAAP standards.
- Effective leadership and communication (verbal, written, presentation) skills.
- Technically savvy with Microsoft Excel to handle large data sets and PowerPoint skills.
- Knowledge of the defense contracting industry is a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.