The Defense Group at Leidos requires a DoD Administrative Support Specialist at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland. The DoD Administrative Support Specialist will perform a variety of duties primarily in support of the CECOM ILSC Field Support Division (FSD) and its subordinate Branches, but may assist other Directorates in ILSC.
1. Creates and processes Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders for CONUS and OCONUS PSC action of employees of IAW the Joint Travel Regulation (JTR) and other applicable DoD regulations. Collects employee data to support PCS order estimates. Works with G8 personnel to ensure proper accounting codes and cost estimates. Reviews and processes PCS related travel vouchers IAW the JTR and applicable DoD regulations. Processes and reviews foreign entitlements IAW the JTR and Department of State Standardized Regulations (DSSR) and other applicable DoD regulations. Reviews and processes DoD National Relocation Program (DNRP) documents such as home sale and property management of assigned employees. Assists employees on PCS, DNRP, and overseas tour entitlement related questions. Develops and maintains an employee database on Excel and Microsoft SharePoint to track the PSC operations and employee status, current location, future locations, and report dates, as well intermediate dates to track and be aware of the status of orders. Briefs leadership on status and issues, and provides expert consulting services reference entitlements.
2. Processes all mission-related Overtime (OT) request and manages the workflow for the OT approval process IAW with CECOM policy. Updates and maintains the organization’s OT procedures to ensure compliance with CECOM policies and applicable Army Material Command (AMC) and DoD regulations. Maintains OT records on the Branch Microsoft (MS) SharePoint (SP) site. Functions as the focal point for all official taskers that are assigned to FSD and its subordinate branches. Manages the workflow of all taskers by utilizing the organization’s MS SP based tasking system. Ensures that deadlines are met and taskers are completed IAW applicable guidelines. Plans and schedules meetings, hiring interviews, and semiannual mobility panel conferences. Generate memos, emails and reports as required. Retrieves and processes budget information and mission-related data from the Defense Travel System (DTS), the Global Support Center (GSC), and other database systems to build an overall mission and training recourse utilization reports and metrics. Respond to questions and requests for information. Arranges daily branch workflow by analyzing requirements and preparing branch battle rhythm through knowledge of branch capabilities, subject matter, and logic. Develops processes and policies to replace or improve current branch battle rhythm. Act as the point of contact for internal and external customers. Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports. Briefs leadership on status and issues within the purview of this position.
3. Other duties include, but are not limited to:
Time keeper assistance, reviews and processes time and attendance in DoD Automated Time and Attendance and Production System (ATAAPS) for assigned personnel.
Prepares and maintain personnel files and records in compliance with records management requirements.
Reviews, processes, and tracks claims for reimbursement of expenditures for those on official business
Creates and processes commercial carrier shipping documentation as required.
Functions as alternate Deployment Coordinator.
- Bachelors Degree with 6 or more months of experience. 4 years of directly related experience can offset the degree requirements. Additional years of experience may offset the degree requirements
- Candidate must have an active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint is also required.
- Candidates must be proficient in Adobe Acrobat DC, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Familiarity with the JTR, DSSR, and Departed of the Army (DA) as well as the DoD publication system is required.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$2,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Secretarial
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.