Are you passionate about helping to transform the energy industry? Leidos enables utilities to keep pace with this ever-changing market while also reliably and efficiently generating and delivering energy.
In this Automation Engineering role, you can expect to grow and participate in projects with an emphasis on transmission and distribution automation and relay settings. This position is member of dynamic team of Power Delivery engineers within our Energy & Systems Solutions operation.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career; keep reading!
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment & flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
- Engineer in Training Certificate (EIT)
- Professional Engineer License (PE)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Technical & non-technical training opportunities
- Mentorship Program
In this role, you can also expect to gain
- NESC expertise
- Interface with local clients
- Electrical Power Calculations
- Interactions with other disciplines(Substation, Protection & Controls, and Civil Structural)
- Solving challenging substation engineering problems.
- Working with design engineers and performing quality reviews.
- Working directly with clients as well as working with other staff in remote office locations.
- Assignments will cover the full range of project planning through design and construction support.
- Configuration of IED and data concentrators for substation and distribution automations devices from 4.16kV through 500kV.
What you will bring to the table:
- Minimum of 2+ year’s relevant experience in high voltage electrical utility automation and integration engineering.
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) with 2-4 years of related experience.
- Main requirement is experience with communication devices and specifically implementing and working with DNP3 and IEC 61850 protocols
- Must have experience with RTAC, SEL Architect, Orion LX, GE Enervista, GE Cimplicity and DAQ CallistoView software.
- Computer programming and development including PERL scripting, XML usage, and Windows Operating Systems.
- Experience with DMS/DSCADA systems and general knowledge of networking protocols and equipment.
- Knowledge of test equipment setup such as connecting/disconnecting cables, adding/removing IoE cards and microchips is a plus.
- Preparation of protective relay coordination studies is a plus.
- Experience with development of relay settings for microprocessor relays For both transmission line relays (Line Differential, Step Distance and Pilot Schemes) and substation relays (Capacitors, Transformers and buses) is a plus.
- Strong engineering and interpersonal skills and high attention to detail with a passion for quality.
- Experience implementing control and protection schemes including interpreting schematics and wiring diagrams and preparing relay logic to complete the schemes is a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.