Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Network Operations Engineer at Stuttgart, Germany.
The Network Operations Engineer will support the GSM-O program with provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks.
This position supports a 24/7 operation with 12 hour shifts.
- Provide technical support for the design, implementation, and integration of network changes and sustainment.
- Assist in the planning and performing of analytical research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering and customer specifications.
- Perform various complex software development tasks.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies to enhance current customer capabilities.
- Ensure efficient delivery of contract capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes.
- Mitigate risks, control costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale, integrated projects.
- Perform a variety of analytical tasks which include the hardware and software design and implementation utilizing various facility equipment.
- A bachelor's degree plus 3 years of recent specialized experience, OR; an associate's degree plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR; a major certification plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR 11 years of recent specialized experience
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security.
- Experience analyzing VLAN, routing, IP addressing and sub-netting.
- Experience troubleshooting and configuring IP networks using at least one of the following routing methods: BGP, ISIS or OSPF, Static routing.
- Experience with either service provider or enterprise IP networks using an interface on Cisco (ESR and ASR) and/or Juniper routers.
- Experience with ports and protocols.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance.
**Please note that experience must be related to the position in question in order to be considered "specialized." General experience usually plays no part in gaining TE status. In this baseline, education is exchanged for experience on a 1:2 basis, therefore and associate's (2 yr.) degree requires 4 additional years of experience over what is required for a bachelor's (4 yr.) degree. It is important to understand that there are qualifications for the job, and then there are qualifications necessary to obtain NATO SOFA status.**
- Equally proficient in Juniper and Cisco configuration, troubleshooting, and design.
- Experience with Cisco IOS XR, JUNOS, and Cisco IOS codes.
- Pearl or other language scripting capable of running backup confits and other scripting to pull information from Cisco/Juniper routers
- IPSEC configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
- MPLS configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:12 Hour Shift Pattern
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.