Leidos currently has an opening in Springfield, VA for a Imagery Scientist familiar with containerized services and data manipulation pipelines to contribute to the Future TCPED Algorithm Adaptation project, which provides customized data products to end-user analysts via an AWS-based pipeline. The project aims to incorporate additional data sources as well as more analytics (conventional and AI/ML based) into the operational pipeline. This project falls within the RECON program in support of NGA's Research Directorate. This is an exciting opportunity to work with cutting edge technology in an R&D environment and support critical warfighter missions.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Perform as needed maintenance on AWS based pipeline applications
- Deploy updates to various microservices into the operational pipeline
- Develop validation and testing programs for current and new microservices
- Investigate new pipeline architectures
- Initiate processing chain on data when new analytic applications or bug fixes are available
- Interface with enterprise cloud infrastructure personnel to ensure continued operation of pipeline services
- Active TS/SCI with Poly
Required Experience, Skills & Education:
- BS in relevant discipline as well as 8+ years' Java or other compiled, object-oriented language. 12+ years' directly relevant experience may in considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience with AWS infrastructure and capabilities
- Proficiency with algorithm containerization (Docker)
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems independently
- Experience with overhead collection platforms
- Experience utilizing Ground Moving Target Indicating data
- AWS certifications
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.