The Leidos Innovations Center at Leidos currently has an opening for a Research Engineer to work in our San Diego, California office. We are seeking a broadly trained and highly motivated chemist for research into chemical applications.
- Collaborate with engineers and scientists in support of government-funded efforts for novel applications of chemistry.
- Analyze data and characterize results to support recommendations for improvements in the applications.
- Effectively communicate results, issues, and recommendations in team meetings, progress reports, and customer presentations.
- Quickly adapt to evolving research needs, rapidly acquire new scientific and engineering knowledge and stay informed on new technologies.
- Work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary team consisting of biologists, chemists, mathematicians, statisticians, and engineers.
- Lead Candidates should follow sound scientific practices and maintain effective documentation of activities and analyses.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering or related discipline and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Experience performing chemical and materials analysis.
- Team oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to interact with people from diverse areas and disciplines
- Possess US government Security Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Research Scientist
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.