Discover yourself at Leidos! Join our team and we’ll unleash your talents to solve most challenging technical problems.
The 363rd ISRW/361st ISRG/43rd IS has an exciting opportunity for a Realistic Military Training (RMT) SME to support aircrew initial qualification, upgrade qualification, and continuation training sorties by emulating friendly and opposing ground forces. This full-time position is located at Cannon AFB, NM. Candidates must currently possess a minimum of a Secret clearance (TS/SCI highly desired). The friendly force team emulates a Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC), Ground Force Commander (GFC), or air assets. The opposing force team directs personnel to mimic enemy Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs). Position requires a sufficient level of knowledge to be able to draw inferences about the possible consequences of the situation, as well as sufficient awareness of the situation to predict future patterns, TTPs, and potential changes to current TTPs.
- Leading both friendly and opposing forces to allow for maximum flexibility in scenario management; serving (role-playing) as friendly forces team leader in the Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) and Ground Force Commander (GFC) roles.
- Candidate will build ground based scenarios in order to assist the airborne operators in their continuation training or upgrade training
- Develop and execute the ground portion of Opposing forces campaign plans in support of joint and combined training events.
- Participate in exercise planning and synchronization meetings to incorporate exercise-training objectives into ground campaign planning.
- .Further, the candidate will be proficient with applicable enemy TTPs and be able to direct less experienced personnel in the execution.
- Operate a wide range of specialized equipment, weapons and vehicles to include, but not limited to, laser pointers, UHF/VHF/FM/HF/SATCOM radios, GPS equipment, overt/covert lights and marking devices.
- Ensuring vehicle operation, COMSEC, and individual augmentee safety while conducting operations;
- Utilizing Night Vision Devices (NVDs) whenever possible to aid in training accomplishment and enhancement.
- Employing new techniques and technologies presented by the government to keep procedures and capabilities abreast of mission requirements; adapting to new government-provided equipment reconfiguration, upgrade, and modernization.
- Operating a variety of transportation modes to arrive at these locations, including all-terrain vehicles, high mobility multi-purpose wheeled vehicles, and motorcycles.
- Assembling, operating, and monitoring all radios.
- Conducting weather observations in accordance with FAA JO 7110.65, Chapter 2, Sections 6 and 7 such as measured surface wind velocity and direction to all aircraft as well as altimeter, pressure altitude, and temperature.
- Recording and documenting all incidents, accidents, and malfunctions; answering questions about events on the training area for users, range authorities, and/or the host squadron; providing details of pre-mission, mission, and post mission procedures.
- Conduction landing zone usability assessments; scoring procedures and surveys
- Must possess a minimum of a Top Secret SCI clearance
- Bachelors Degree and at least 5 years’ experience as special operations aircrew or intel analyst. Additional experience will be considered in lieu of a degree .An Associates degree and 6 + years of related special op air crew or intelligence related experience may be considered .
- Recent (last 4 + years) experience in special operations team task force combat and knowledge of integrating joint firepower and manned ISR platforms
- Must have a SOF background or be familiar with special operations procedures and requirements.
- Be familiar with scheduling and working on military training areas and ranges
- Familiar and proficient with all assigned radios, attachments, and accessories.
- Able to operate radios in secure mode with Communications Security (COMSEC).
- Must have fundamental land navigation/map, compass, and GPS skills sufficient enough to read and locate using latitude and longitude and Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM)/Military Grid Reference System (MGRS)
- Familiar with military command and control structures, working knowledge of the organizational interface of military, federal, state, and local agencies.
- Must possess a valid civilian driver’s license and be able to hold a valid military driver’s license for the military vehicle(s) to be operated.
- Able to use, operate, and control simulated IEDs, smoke grenades, ground burst simulators blank ammunition, and other simulation weapons as required in the execution of all Opposing Forces-related activities.
- Experience in Operating Microsoft Windows based operating systems and Microsoft Office programs.
- Physical capabilities to lift and carry at least 60 pounds and run - continuously without stopping - distances in excess of 400 meters.
- Willing to work on the range and run MRT scenarios (requires work outside of normal duty hours)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$5,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.