Leidos is seeking a Configuration Analyst who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration’s En-route Automation Modernization (ERAM) technology, which is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the pulse of the National Airspace System helping to advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management. ERAM is vital to the future of air navigation, providing the foundational platform required for FAA to enable NextGen solutions, via modernization programs such as System Wide Information Management, Data Communications, and Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast. ERAM will provide benefits for users and the flying public for increasing air traffic flow.
Responsibilities, the successful candidate will possess advanced integration skills and the ability to:
• Configure company applications based on business
• Develop configuration requirements document and obtain approval from business owners.
• Plan and execute configuration tasks within deadlines.
• Provide system configuration support based on changing business needs
• Assist in system analysis, design, development, and testing activities.
• Apply System Engineering and Configuration Management practices and procedures in updating and maintaining specification documents in Microsoft Word
• Manage rolling baselines for future software releases
• Validate all approved changes are correctly and completely implemented
• Communicate engineering teams to resolve validation issues and document resolutions
• Review proposed software changes and update requirements baseline in Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS)
• Develop and maintain configuration policies and procedures.
• Review and recommend changes to configuration processes.
• Analyze and resolve configuration issues in a timely manner.
• Provide technical guidance to junior analysts in their assigned job duties.
• Requires BS degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. A non-degree diploma from an accredited training program in Computer Programming and 2+ years of prior relevant experience will also be considered.
• Working knowledge of MIL-HDBK-61B, Department of Defense Handbook: Configuration Management Guidance and EIA 649-1, National Consensus Standard for Configuration Management
•Able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer.
•Requires knowledge/Experience in Microsoft Office suite of products
•Preferred: Experience with working with FAA Second Level Engineering teams
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.