Leidos has an opportunity for a Security Engineer at Lackland AFB in San Antonio, TX. Candidates must already possess a current TS/SCI security clearance.
The Security Engineer for this effort is responsible for: 1) Providing technical direction for Air Force customers migrating to Commercial Cloud Services (C2S); 2) playing a key role in integrating all cloud solutions and strategies into the Risk Management Framework and overall business practices; 3) possessing the technical understanding to provide expert guidance about AWS, IC ITE GovCloud, IC ITE C2S, and other federal government community or emerging cloud frameworks; 4) Communicate with Air Force Commercial Cloud Services (AFC2S) team members, delegated authorizing officials and other government security representatives; 5) adherence to all aspects of the Information Assurance (IA) program; 6) preparation of Assessment and Authorization (A&A) documents and procedures throughout the entire systems development life cycle.
- Current TS/SCI security clearance
- 3-7 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cybersecurity, Information Assurance, IT Security Management, Computer Science or related Information Technology field OR (experience may be substituted in lieu of degree)
- DoD 8570 IAT-II or above
- Experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Functional integration and implementation of security concepts within government networks
- Experience in cloud environments for one or more of the following: AWS, Google, MS Azure, IBM, Oracle, IC ITE GovCloud, C2S or government and intel community cloud frameworks
- Experience with authorization and accreditation on government or classified networks
- Working knowledge of XACTA or eMASS
- Understanding of NIST 800-53 Revision 4 and Committee on National Security Systems Instructions (CNSSI) 1253
- 1-2 years of Systems administration experience in either Microsoft or Linux environments
- Knowledge of device hardening concepts and implementation with relation to ACAS and STIG processes
- 1-2 years Cloud Solutions Engineering or Cloud Security Operations Center
- Commercial Cloud Services Provider certifications (preferred)
- Special Access Program (SAP) experience
- Knowledge of with various security concepts: enterprise cloud architecture, infrastructure security and compliance, data encryption, continuous monitoring, vulnerability assessment, security control validation, etc.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$5,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.