Are you excited about applying machine learning to improve IT and network operations? We are deploying AI/ML to IT and network operations at scale, with modern tooling and exciting opportunities to bring new insights and efficiency to problems that affect thousands of users. Work from home in this exciting role!!
Leidos is looking for an AIOps Data Scientist to apply their strong general knowledge of machine learning and artificial intelligence to IT and network operational problems. You should be knowledgeable in anomaly detection and predictive analytics, to find issues quickly and begin to work towards proactively fixing issues before they impact users. You should be interested in developing approaches to identify root causes, and to group related issue storms to enable operators to efficiently troubleshoot and fix problems. You should have experience with ITSM tools, and knowledge about tagging and recommendation approaches that can be applied to jump start the troubleshooting and repair process.
You will work towards AIOps deployment into large IT and Network Operations, as an AI/ML subject matter expert and AIOps thought leader. You will contribute to R&D of new approaches to AIOps that produce measurable advances over state of the art. Collaborate with a team of AI/ML researchers and data/software engineers with expertise in multi-modal information retrieval, UI development, computer vision, metrics, information science, artificial intelligence, and autonomous systems.
Some of the fun stuff you will be responsible for:
- Conduct R&D in AIOps to develop advances in anomaly detection, root cause analysis, and automated remediation.
- Manage the installation, configuration, and deployment of COTS tools and new analytics for AIOps, integrated with data management and IT monitoring systems
- Communicate the potential for AIOps to improve availability and lower labor costs. Develop metrics collection and assessment plans
This is you:
- Bachelor’s degree with eight years of experience, or Master’s degree with six year experience, in Mathematics, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or Natural Language Processing or 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree
- Able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance with a polygraph security clearance
- Practical hands-on experience with developing data analytics, and the ability to explain anomaly detection and machine learning over time series data
- Hands-on software development skills with Python
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Secret clearance
- Experience with algorithm and tool development and deployment in both unclassified and classified Dev/Test/Preprod/Prod environments.
- Understanding of security requirements for software in managed environments.
- Knowledge of large scale COTS IT monitoring and data management tools, for example Splunk or Elastic.
- Experience developing and deploying software and tools with CI/CD processes that meet best practices in software engineering and process requirements.
- Experience as scrum master, including leading scrums, planning sprints, and pruning backlogs.
- Understanding and experience with robotic process automation bots using a tool such as the Automation Anywhere platform.
Pay Range:Pay Range $91,000.00 - $140,000.00 - $189,000.00
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.