Are you passionate about helping to transform the energy industry? Leidos enables utilities to keep pace with this ever-changing market while also reliably and efficiently generating and delivering energy.
As a Communications Engineer within Leidos’ Power Delivery Services organization, you will support large-scale projects that will address electric energy use, improve system reliability, and other generation resources to customers throughout the western United States.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career; share your resume with us today! Keep reading!
In this role, you can expect to grow by:
- Perform planning and engineering in support of telecommunication systems and telecommunication projects
- Design telecommunication systems for transmission line and substation projects/facilities
- Design, modify or upgrade networks using Ethernet, fiber optic, copper, microwave, radio, leased service, or cellular utilizing client standards or developing new standards
- Conducting communication network studies for wide, metro and local area networks
- Establish project schedules and budgets
- Develop drawings and specifications for utility telecommunication system projects
- Create bills of materials for telecommunication equipment; obtain quotes and order materials
- Coordinate with other internal engineering departments, external contractors and utility construction crews
- Travel to project sites to collect information on existing conditions
What you will bring to the table:
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering degree (Electrical or Computer Engineering) and 15 plus years of prior relevant experience working directly with an electric utility or an electric utility consulting company, performing design engineering: a Masters degree with 10 years of relevant experience will also be considered
- This individual shall have a minimum of fifteen (15) years progressively responsible experience in the engineering aspects of design and construction of communication systems associated with Extra High Voltage (EHV) 230 kV to 500 kV or higher transmission lines. Idle candidates will possess an in-depth understanding of application of standards and compliance with cyber security requirements.
- Must be capable of complete system design, equipment specification, inspection, testing and commissioning.
It would be nice if you had:
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification
- Project Manager Professional (PMP) certification
- Active membership in national engineering societies and work-groups (IEEE, PES, etc.)
WHAT WE DO
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms. To explore and learn more, click here!
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.