Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking a Junior Systems Engineer!
Responsible for technical planning, system design reviews, development and integration oversight, verification and validation assistance. Duties include performing systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance.
- Bachelor’s degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Knowledge of management of classified systems and the required security guidelines associated with secure facilities
- Must be able to support the daily maintenance, configuration, and security servers, workstations, and other network peripherals in a mixed Linux and Windows environment
- Must be able to support current and upcoming engineering projects as set by the Program Management staff
- Must be able to work collaboratively with other system administrators, system engineers, and network engineers in a team environment
- Must be able to effectively communicate with constituents and articulately speak regarding technical engagements
- Must be able to efficiently learn and solve problems without constant oversight
- Must have an understanding of how web applications work and basic troubleshooting skills
- Must have an understanding of TCP/UDP and common ports
- Knowledge of RHEL 5/6/7
- Knowledge of scripting languages (PERL, Jscript, Unix Shell, Python, etc.)
- Security Certification (CISSP, Security+, CEH, etc.)
- Linux administration certification (RHCSA, RHSE, LFCS, or greater)
- Knowledge of Windows 7/10 and Server 2008/2012/2012 R2/2016
- System/Network Monitoring experience
- GitHub experience
- Tenable, RSA Archer, Palo Alto XSoar, FireEye experience
- Ansible Experience
- Software engineering experience
- Familiarity with task automation
- Familiarity in remote administration (SCCM, SSLVPN, SSH, Remote Desktop)
- Primary: Silver Spring, MD; Fairmont, WV; Boulder CO
- Remote Telework Possibilities
- Occasional travel is required (less than 10%)
Clearance: Must be a US Citizen and have at a minimum a Secret clearance (interim is acceptable) or be able to obtain clearance before starting position
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.