Grow with us! Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to accelerate your career path.
Are you an enthusiastic Machinist who would enjoy working in a vibrant and challenging research and development environment at Kirtland, AFB NM? If you have good machining and fabricating skills, are motivated, can multitask assignments, have time-management skills, are a good communicator, work well with others, and can work with minimal supervision, we want you on our team.
Some of the fun stuff on the job you will do:
- Setup and operate a variety of machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, planers, and precision grinders to make metal parts, mechanisms, tools, or machines to exact tolerances and dimensions. - Interpret- blueprints, sketches, and engineering specifications; determine sequence of operations, number of cuts required, and method of setup; use a variety of machinist's hand tools and precision measuring instruments; make standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds; measure, mark, and scribe dimensions and reference points to lay out stock for machining; fit and assemble precision parts into mechanical equipment and determines material, parts, and equipment required. Note some machines may be computer numerically controlled (CNC.)
- Work on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
- Normally receives no instruction on routine work, general instruction on new assignments. You should have some knowledge and experience, able to handle usual occurring job events. Choice of action requires more than common sense in that some training and experience is needed before knowing what to do under special circumstances. Normally thought of as having complete mastery of the job.
This is you:
- High school diploma or equivalent and more than seven years of prior relevant experience
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance within six months of hire
If you have these skills you will wow us even more:
- Certified Machinist
- Certified Vacuum Welder
- Active DOD or DOE Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$5000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.