Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
- Leverage your security background to review and interpret security scans and vulnerabilities within the baseline.
- Provide technical guidance to development & operations teams by communicating the details of vulnerabilities and how they should be resolved through baseline code updates and/or configuration changes.
- Support development teams with custom code reviews and configuration validation, ensuring that security best practices are followed
- Review outstanding findings on a regular schedule, then prioritize them as inputs to the program development backlog, in advance of upcoming milestones and release planning events
- Work to standardize and document best practices and lessons learned to ensure future baseline compliance
- Requires BS and 4 to 8 years of prior relevant experience as a Security Engineer or similar role.
- Experience with Linux OS, including scripting in a Linux environment using Shell and Bash
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with learning, installing, configuring, or integrating commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) or open source solutions and products
- Basic understanding of the Agile development process
- Experience with automated deployment tools (such as Ansible, Chef, etc.)
- Experience updating automated deployment scripts or manual deployment instructions for software baseline
- Familiar with static code analysis and vulnerability scanning tools (Fortify, Tenable, BURP)
- Experience working with vulnerability scan interpretation and support to mitigation efforts
- Understand fundamentals of secure code review best practices
- Experience performing upgrades, patching, and vulnerability mitigation for commercial or open-source software products
- Security+ Certification
- Familiarity with one or more of the following identity, credential, and access management (ICAM) concepts/standards:
- LDAP or MS Active Directory
- PKI and TLS/SSL
- OAuth 2.0
- OpenID Connect (OIDC)
- Multi-factor Authentication (MFA)
- Understanding of compute, relational database management systems, storage, networking, transport, load balancing, and security constructs as they relate to on-premise and cloud infrastructures
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Understanding of software configuration management and associated products such as Jenkins, BitBucket, gitlab
- Familiarity with Atlassian Suite (JIRA, BitBucket, Confluence)
- CISSP|CISM or similar certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.