For the third straight year, Leidos has been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute, a global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices, as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. This exclusive honor underscores our commitment to leading with integrity and prioritizing ethical business performance. We were recognized by Ethisphere for maintaining a culture of ethics and integrity for our 38,000 global employees through a combination of initiatives, including robust policies, procedures, training, and communications.
Leidos' Ethics and Compliance department is looking for a dynamic, business-oriented professional to join its team as the Senior Ethics and Compliance Investigations Manager located in Reston, VA. In this role, you will report to the Director of Investigations and be responsible for conducting and coordinating internal investigations on behalf of the corporation, ensuring that ethics and compliance concerns raised by employees and business partners are promptly and thoroughly investigated and appropriately remediated.
- Serve as the lead investigator for legally-privileged and internal ethics and compliance concerns
- Coordinate evidence-gathering efforts and investigative resources cross-functionally
- Communicate recommendations to stakeholders and track remediation activities to completion
- Ensure investigations are properly tracked and case files are up-to-date and consistent
- Draft detailed investigation memos for key stakeholders and for filing
- Coordinate responses to external inquiries and requests for information from the Office of Inspector General (OIG), external auditors, and subpoenas
- Manage bi-weekly meetings with investigators, department heads, and key stakeholders to review in-process and ready to close cases
- Maintain and report investigation-related metrics in coordination with other ethics and compliance personnel
- Lead ethics and compliance program initiatives and projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Law, or a related field from an accredited university and 12+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Prior experience should include corporate ethics and compliance investigations or internal audit investigations.
- Ability to maintain high standards of confidentiality and integrity in support of highly confidential and sensitive information
- Must have excellent organizational and analytical skills, in addition to a demonstrated record of cross-functional collaboration.
- Must have a demonstrated track record of being proactive, managing multiple complex projects simultaneously, and focusing on critical priorities with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize workload
- Must be comfortable working with others to resolve potentially contentious situations
- Ability to think critically in the analysis of incomplete information; differentiating between fact and assumption
- Must be detail-oriented and have strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in the Windows operating system and Microsoft Office, specifically Word , PowerPoint, and Excel (pivot tables, charts, and other intermediate-level functions)
- Has or is working toward a professional certification such as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Knowledgeable of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) clauses or experience in government contracting
- Has experience in data analytics, data visualization, or machine learning
- Has experience using Steele Compliance Software (formerly known as Osprey)
- Has experience using e-discovery tools in conjunction with internal investigations
- Has an active security clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:3000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.