Join a Team Committed to a Mission!
We are in search of a Capture Manager who has experience in Capture / Pursuit Management and who thrives on working in an active, fast-paced environment to challenging deadlines. You must be self-motivated and able to work to tough deadlines, managing competing stakeholder demands.
You will be aligned with the National Security or Defence portfolio and report to the Business Development Director. The National Security team work mainly with Homeland Security, Policing and Justice sectors and sell primarily to the Public Sector. The Defence portfolio works with the MOD client.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Capture Manager will be accountable for winning a specific business opportunity and will provide the leadership to the bid team through to award of the contract. You will:
- Define the customer engagement management strategy and engage senior company executives in contact activity as required
- Personally engage with customers and stakeholders to understand their issues, concerns, and hot buttons
- Build and lead a core bid team that brings relevant expertise and capabilities and actively drive them to achieve bid milestones within budget and schedule
- Assemble an industry team that compliments Leidos capabilities to both win the opportunity and ensure execution of the program
- Work with the bid manager to plan, appropriately tailor, and use relevant processes throughout the bid, ensuring that there is a process in place that develops a high quality proposal in a timely manner with checks on the development of content.
- Lead the development of winning strategies that differentiate us, are competitively focused and are compelling to the client and their requirements, as well as satisfy internal business objectives and risk posture
- Develop the business case for continuing to pursue and bidding for the opportunity including bid budget
- Lead internal stakeholder management and keep the senior leadership teams informed and engaged including timely escalation of issues needing resolution
- Work with the bid and proposal team to ensure win themes, hot buttons, and evaluation criteria are properly addressed across all proposal elements
- Lead any post-submission activities and support the program team as required, ensuring smooth hand over to the project manager
WHAT SETS YOU APART:
- Having a proven track record working as a capture manager / pursuit lead in UK public sector winning complex services opportunities either in or close to the Sector clients described above, of greater than £20m TCV
- Be capable of developing and maintaining senior stakeholder relationships internally and with customers and industry partners
- UK SC security clearance as a minimum
- Exceptional leadership, management, and communication skills
- Proven effective in working across organisational boundaries (e.g. Between corporate divisions and/or multi-nationally based divisions)
- Strong negotiating skills
- Ability to work at the strategic and big picture level
- Sound commercial acumen and ability to build a compelling business case
- Ability to manage to challenging deadlines
- Ability to travel/ be deployed across the UK for several months at a time
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE:
- Previous experience of the bid teams working across multiple sites
- Project management skills including ability to schedule and effectively time manage
Clearance to Start: SC
Clearance for Role: SC
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Capture Management
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.