Leidos is hiring an energetic, motivated, innovative individual to be a part of our team supporting Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) in Baltimore, MD. The DevOps engineer works closely with the Program team to manage and maintain the applications and infrastructure that support CMS and the public. You will deliver solutions that ultimately ensure that the functions of Medicare, Medicaid, and Marketplace are carried out for the US citizen and contribute to efforts to reduce healthcare costs.
- Successful candidate will be a member of a cross functional team comprised of well-rounded engineers who can learn new skills rapidly and work across multiple functional domains to carry out end-to-end delivery of infrastructure services
- Work closely with senior engineers, other team members and application owners to solve technical problems at the network, system and application levels.
- Help design, test and deploy technical solutions that are innovate and leverage new technologies to help modernize the program.
- You will have the opportunity to grow in your career as you help us to grow in our value to CMS and in our breadth of services to CMS.
- The DevOps engineer works closely with the Program team to manage and maintain the applications and infrastructure that support CMS and the public. You will deliver solutions that ultimately ensure that the functions of Medicare, Medicaid, and Marketplace are carried out for the US citizen and contribute to efforts to reduce healthcare
- Works independently on larger, moderately complex projects/assignments.
- IBM Websphere 7.0 or higher, IBM Web server administration, System Administration (Windows 2008 or higher, and RHEL 6 or higher)
- Collaboration- Strong communication and collaborative skills in providing technical direction and hands-on software deployment
- Ability to function in a high paced environment
- BS degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Requires ability to obtain a public trust clearance
- Any technical certifications (AWS, RHCSA, etc.) are desirable
- Cloud Skills – Understanding of cloud terminology, architecture, and tools including provisioning and monitoring
- Network Skills - Understanding of basic networking design concepts and TCP/IP
- Flexibility—comfortable with evolving solutions and finding the most effective path to implementation
- Security Skills—Knowledge of information assurance compliance and information security basics
- Development Skills – Programming/development experience including use of repositories (e.g. GitHub) and deployment in multi-tier environment
- Comfortable in an iterative environment, experience with Agile/Scrum based initiatives
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.