In this position, the candidate will support the network engineering and O&M efforts of cross domain security solutions and other security technologies for production, pre-production and lab/development environments in a small team environment. This position will require the candidate to perform across the lifecycle from concept development, design, implementation, integration and deployment by applying diverse skills in systems engineering, system administration, integration, test, and system security. The candidate will also provide both remedial and preventive maintenance on existing systems and new systems transitioning from development to production. The candidate will be required to conduct routing security analysis of network components and implement component patches and configuration actions to address security issues. The candidate will also provide both remedial and preventive maintenance on existing systems and new systems transitioning from development to production. The candidate will coordinate with enterprise, customer, and datacenter counterparts to ensure networking and paths are complete.
The candidate may be required to establish and document new security configuration guidance for new technologies introduced into the environment. The candidate will have significant direct contact with the immediate customer and the organization’s IT staff. Work location is at the Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville Alabama. Occasional travel to CONUS customer data center sites may be required (roughly once a year).
- Remotely manage production networks and locally manage lab/pre-production networks.
- Manage the routing/switching for an enterprise cross domain service, and related lab environment.
- Manage the firewalls for an enterprise cross domain service, and related lab environment.
- Manage the load balancers for an enterprise cross domain service, and related lab environment.
- Act as the primary interface for the cross domain unit with other government network groups. This includes coordinating routing and firewall rules outside our network domain.
- Monitor the systems for possible system problems, analyze the problem for resolution paths, implement solutions, and or work with vendors to resolve issues
- Respond and resolve incident tickets within priority response times
- Participate in program standup meetings to discuss system status, technical issues, or coordinate production system changes
- Participate in program standup meetings to discuss system status, technical issues, or coordinate production system changes.
- A solid technical knowledge and experience in engineering, configuring, and managing Cisco based switches, routers and Juniper firewalls in a WAN, LAN, or WLAN data center solution.
- Knowledge or experience in engineering, configuring, or managing failover configurations of network components and load balancing components (F5 Network GTM, LTM, Big IP)
- Current hands on network administration skills and network management experience.
- Strong network troubleshooting skills to support implantation and modification of Linux and Windows servers and applications servers supporting customer services
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to integrate new capabilities. The ability to quickly adapt to new system environments and interface with systems.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team at times to solve a variety of network solutions and technology implemenations
- Must be a self-starter and can work independently with minimum direction.
- Must be able to coordinate with contractor management and Government personnel to identify and resolve issues with clearly defined solutions that satisfy Government and customer requirements.
- Ability to lead and manage a small network team and follow change management process including creating required change management documentation.
- Technical writing & documentation skills/drawings (MS Visio, Word, Excel)
- Typically requires BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 6+ years OR prior relevant experience.
- Active Top Secret with ability to obtain SCI through CI polygraph
- Experience with integration of network devices and services in remote datacenters and enterprise networks
- Experience in designing, improving, and documenting network architecture and configuration for future growth/hardware
- Experience with Juniper JunosOS, SRX 5400, CISCO 5672 switch & Cisco OS
- Experience with F5 (LTM, GTM, DNS, AAM, AFM, SDN, Routing, APM, ASM)
- Integration of one or more cross domain products (guards, one-way transfers, multi-level access solutions).
- Knowledge or experience configuring application gateways (e.g. Datapower, Layer 7).
- Knowledge of advanced networking and security disciplines to support insertion of newer technologies e.g. network virtualization (VMware and ESX 5.x), utilizing a common switching infrastructure and next generation firewalls.
- Network certifications (e.g. Cisco- CCNA, CCDA, CCNP and CCIE; Juniper - JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP, JNCIE)
- Integrating with typical IT support infrastructure services: virtualized environments including virtual switching, DNS, LDAP, Active Directory, log archive.
- Use of standard project management techniques to include AGILE and standard project management methodologies
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.