The National Solutions Group at Leidos has an opening for a COMSEC Responsible Officers in direct support the Broadside program at multiple CONUS and OCONUS locations. The selected candidate will perform as a (primary) COMSEC Manager to account for COMSEC materials to support the program and its networks. Must be knowledgeable with national level policy (CNSSI 4005 “National Policy for Safeguarding Communications Security (COMSEC) Facilities and Materials”, CNSSI 4001 “Controlled Cryptographic items, CNSSI 4003 Reporting and Evaluating Communications Security (COMSEC) Incidents”, CNSSI Policy “No 3 National Policy on Granting Access to U.S. Classified Cryptographic Information”) as well as NSA/CSS Policy Manual 3-16. Must have knowledge with the handling and configuration of End Cryptographic Units and fill devices (i.e. AN PYQ-10 (SKLs), KIK 20, RASKL, KG 250/250X, KG 255X, and KG 175D/175G). Candidates must be able to work in a fast moving environment with many moving parts and must be able to juggle several tasks at once.
We are in need of Jr, Mid, and Sr level candidates at the following locations:
Locations: Alice Springs, AUS
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
The selected individual will be responsible for managing over 2000 line items of COMSEC material and automated equipment from receipt through usage and eventual consumption/destruction. Management will include maintaining security throughout receipt, transfer, inventory, accounting, and destruction. The selected candidate will work with Alternate COMSEC Custodians and will assist those Alternates in their daily operations. He/she will complete semi-annual inventories of all equipment handled by hand receipt holders and will support periodic rekey and installation of new devices. In addition, he/she will work with other system and network administrators in configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining network nodes, servers, routers, and firewalls and will be responsible for identifying and correcting hardware and software issues involved with encryptors. He/she will update existing local Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs), develop/implement new SOPs as needed, will brief/de-brief users in and out of the COMSEC program, and will ensure that program management and leadership are kept updated on significant developments and events.
- Requires BS and 2-12 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience can be used in lieu of degree
- Must be familiar with NSA/CSS Policy Manual 3-16, Control of Communications Security (COMSEC) Manual.
- Must have recent experience (within the last five years) with at least 3 of the following:
- Tracking all COMSEC inventory using the Key Management Infrastructure (KMI)
- System Administrator for the KMI Management Client (MGC)
- Providing COMSEC customer support via walk-in, email, telephone, REMEDY, or Automated Messaging Handling System (AMHS)
- Receiving, generating, and distributing electronic keying materials
- Stocking, storing, and issuing keying materials to COMSEC subaccounts and other COMSEC accounts
- Maintaining records and files, reporting security incidents, and providing periodic status reports regarding COMSEC material
- Knowledgeable of the legacy Electronic Key Management System/ Local Management Device/Key Processor (EKMS/LMD/KP)
- Experience with configuration of HAIPE In-line Network Encryptors e.g. KG-175D, KG-250X.
- Must be able to assist in shipping Cryptographic products up to 50 pounds in weight.
- Must have experience providing assistance to users and optimizing system operations.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices including compliance with maintenance windows and change control procedures.
- Must possess strong analytic abilities and must be meticulous and careful in their work.
- Must have CompTIA Security +
- Active TS/SCI security clearance with Polygraph
- Experience with Network Security Technologies (e.g. Multiple Domain, PKI, SSP, Vulnerability Assessment).
- Basic network, system administration, and/or Information Assurance proficiency, to include experience with Windows, switches, and firewalls.
- CISSP, or other DoD 8570 IAM/IAT certifications
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.