The C4ISR Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Security Specialist at the 365th Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance Group, 363rd Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Wing, at Nellis AFB, NV. The Wing Security Specialist serves as a security specialist, providing personnel, information, industrial, physical security and special access program functions in support of the 365th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Group. Teams with Nellis AFB, Special Security Office with affiliated support to other USAF Warfare Center units when directed.
- Initiates and reviews all requests for personnel security investigations consistent with directives. Ensures that requests for security clearances are properly screened and verified, and that all necessary forms and documentation have been completed before processing for clearances.
- Analyzes each request received to determine validity for access indicated.
- Evaluates the sensitivity of the position, degree of clearance, and special access required to perform duties to determine type of investigation required.
- Determines which investigative agency to forward the request. Maintains prescribed files and records pertinent to clearances.
- Establishes priority processing of requests for investigations and correspondence pertaining to clearance records.
- Ensures accuracy of 365ISRG records in JPAS, DISS or successor system
- Conducts security reviews of NIPR/SIPR/JWICS/SAP System account requests
- Conducts PKI security reviews updates
- Reviews security clearance requests and similar related material for information that adversely reflects on the individual’s loyalty or character. If results reveal a misrepresentation, initiates correspondence to appropriate authorities summarizing any falsified or derogatory information
- Conducts evaluations and assessments of security operations, and takes, coordinates, or recommends corrective actions as required.
- Responsible for the security deviation program. Documents deficiencies, and compensatory measures, monitors the status of corrective actions, works to correct deficiencies, and coordinates with higher headquarters.
- Involved in and monitors all construction and other projects associated with priority resources and restricted areas to include ensuring contractor compliance with physical security requirements.
- Assists with maintenance of IDS/ACS/ physical locks for 365 ISRG facilities
- Ensures quarterly updates of 365ISRG facilities FFC, TEMPEST and baselines are submitted when required.
- Reviews and updates industry DD Form 254, Statement of Work (SOW) for 365ISRG contract security.
- Reviews/updates Emergency Action Plan to provide maximum security based on risk management. Provides advice and monitors all organization’s Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIFs) and open storage facilities; maintains master documentation on all existing facilities and those under construction; coordinates initial operations procedures and keeps abreast of physical security vulnerabilities and policies.
Special Access Program
- Initiates and reviews all requests for personnel security investigations consistent with directives.
- Responsible for the classification management program and supports special access program manager in developing classification guidance and making personnel security decisions.
- Ensures requests for program access are properly screened and verified, and that all necessary forms and documentation have been completed before processing for access.
- Analyzes each request to determine validity and eligibility for access in accordance with SAP policies.
- Manages submission of timely polygraph updates to 16AF or as directed by OSI PJs.
- Prepares and transmits various reports and requests such as Transfer-of-Access (TOA) foreign associate and travel reports.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field and at least 5 years’ experience, additional experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
- Must possess a current DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Knowledge of personnel and physical security concepts, principles, and practices to plan and implement security programs in these areas.
- Skill in developing, analyzing, and evaluating security programs to meet mission requirements and improve the security program for the installation.
- Candidates or current Employees with experience within the ACC ISR enterprise ,365th Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance Group and 363rd Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Wing will be given preference.
- Previous Special Security Office (SSO) experience desired.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Previous experience with Nellis AFB security plans a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$5,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.