Leidos is seeking a Human Geographer to support a government customer in St. Louis, MO. An ACTIVE TS/SCI Level Clearance will be REQUIRED to be considered for this position.
The Human Geographer- Researcher will serve as a regional subject matter expert on issues related to human geography, socio-cultural analysis, and geospatial analysis in support of the Intelligence Community (IC). Specifically, the Human Geographer - Researcher will leverage their advanced knowledge and experience with digital cartography, computer technology, Geographical Information Systems (GIS), Cartographic and Geospatial production techniques, remote sensing, photogrammetry, and digital data formats to extract relevant information and develop geospatial intelligence reports and products for the customer. Human Geographers focus on patterns and processes that shape human interaction with the built and natural environments. The successful candidate will be a member of an integrated government-contractor team providing direct support to U.S. National Security objectives.
- BA degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to research information on either the open web or classified databases.
- Demonstrated MS Office, data mining and graphic design skills.
- Experience creating visual aids (graphs, charts, etc…) and drafting, editing, and proofreading documents for publishing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GoogleEarth and ESRI/ArcGIS Suite including ArcMap and ArcCatalog.
- Familiarity with geoPDF techniques
- Experience with planning, scheduling, and quality control practices.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer support skills.
- Expertise in one or more of the following foreign languages: Arabic, Chinese, Farsi, French, Hebrew, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Pashto, Russian, Spanish, Thai, or Uzbek.
- Experience creating shapefiles, geo-databases, and features including data retrieval/storage
- Experience working intelligence issues within an IC or DoD organization
- Knowledge of human aspects of regional issues
- Advanced GIS ability
- Knowledge of regularly used GEOINT sources
- Experience in imagery analysis and the use of ELT software
- Experience with cross-platform intelligence research tools
- Expertise and experience in geography, cartography, and GIS which includes skills in ArcGIS applications.
- Ability to utilize geographic names information from the GNDB.
- Familiarity with standard map and imagery products.
"External Referral Eligible"
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.