Leidos is seeking an experienced field service technician (FST) to operate and maintain a complex radar system in the National Capitol Region. This position will require the candidate to currently possess an active DOD – Secret Security Clearance. The field technician will work closely with Leidos engineers to operate the radar system and identify issues that require frequent travel to remote facilities to implement repair or replacement of system equipment.
FSTs must be able to:
• Install, integrate, configure, initialize, administer, operate, deploy, troubleshoot, maintain and repair a complex radar system.
• Assemble and troubleshoot electronic systems, mechanically integrated parts, cable harnesses, RF coaxial and fiber optic cables, and electronic and computer chassis.
• Perform System Integration and Checkout of modified and repaired equipment.
• Analyze equipment failures to determine root cause in order to then recommend and implement corrective action.
• Prepare and submit reports of equipment discrepancies and possible solutions devise and implement preventive maintenance programs and actively keep performance and maintenance records on equipment configuration.
• Keep accurate parts and equipment inventory records.
• Be self-motivated and able to work effectively both in a team environment and under minimal supervision in the field.
• 5+ years civilian or military training and hands-on experience in relevant electronics system installation and maintenance such as radar systems, electronic countermeasure systems, electronic warfare systems or radio communications systems.
• Formal training in Basic Electronics & Electricity (RF, Digital & Analog principles), solid state electronics and RF theory and principles.
• Testing, troubleshooting and evaluation experience with digital, analog and RF level electronics.
• Understanding and knowledge of military communications systems and encryption devices.
• Understanding and knowledge of basic computer network (LAN/WAN) principles.
Expected Skills and Abilities:
• Proficiency with standard test equipment such as multi-meters, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, power meters, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers to test and troubleshoot electronic hardware.
• Basic knowledge of electrical multi-pin connectors and the repair of same.
• Personal Computer knowledge with experience in word processing and spreadsheet creation, and technical writing skills to update documentation, maintain records and create reports to Program Management.
• General hand tool and electrical tool use.
• Proficiency with using specialized software in the Linux operating system environment. Proficiency navigating the operating system and executing programs from the command line.
• Proficiency using Windows and Microsoft Office Suite. Experience using MATLAB/Octave preferred.
• Position will frequently require lifting and moving products and parts weighing up to seventy five (75) pounds, standing, walking, sitting, bending, kneeling, climbing ladders and stairs, and working in small, restricted areas throughout the workday in both indoor and outdoor locations.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.