The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking an Application Development Project Manager, contingent upon contract award, in Atlanta, GA.
The qualified Project Manager will oversee multiple application development initiatives primarily involving .Net and C# languages. Specifically the work will support the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) National Center Emerging and Zoonotic Diseases.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manages multiple projects with complex interdependencies in a fast-paced environment and involving multiple stakeholders.
- Creates project charter and project schedule, facilitates internal and external stage gate reviews, and reports monthly project costs.
- Responsible for the administration, planning, scheduling, communications, problem resolution, deliverables, and delivery of assigned projects. Additional responsibilities may include budgeting, cost management, and financial reporting for assigned projects.
- Serves as primary point of contact to the CDC customers. Interacts with customers on project requirements, timelines, project status, deliverables, etc.
- Quickly assesses the landscape of customer needs and requirements across multiple stakeholders. Collaborates with the customer to capture initial requirements and work with senior technical leads to translate into a defined pipeline of projects to be planned and resourced.
- Develops estimates on size and duration of work required for individuals or team to deliver project requirements.
- Assigns tasks to team members, monitors progress and reports to customer and manager. Ensures quality of team's work and on-time completion. Manages workload across the team by assigning project work and other team tasks.
- Interfaces frequently with the customer and internal/external stakeholders to ensure client-satisfaction regarding project goals and objectives. Collaborates with the program manager on escalation and resolution of customer issues.
- Provide status and monthly reports regarding the tracking and delivery of project deliverables.
- Leads team meetings and maintains strong, positive interoffice and customer relations. Represents team in cross-organizational workgroups, communities of practice, project teams, etc. Collaborates with customer to define new projects and strategic initiatives.
- Leads project teams with agile methods and processes development team, including Team Foundation Server (TFS) and related tools.
- Works with senior technology leads to understand technology trends, techniques, and methodologies, incl. DevOps and DevSecOps and translate and adapt those to the CDC environment.
- Serves as mentor and point of contact for team members to escalate, coordinate, and resolve issues.
- Educates and mentors customers and team members, incl. junior project managers and project leads on project methodologies and agile development techniques.
- Serve as an advisor to the customer on information technology and project management issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Public Health or related field with 8 years of experience in a technology or public health environment.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP).
- Must have experience managing cloud software projects, micro-services, and SecDevOps
- 5 years technical and project management experience, including diverse experience in the development, integration, operations and/or maintenance of complex systems and technologies. Experience leading software / application development projects using the Agile/Scrum methodology, incl. DevOps or DevSecOps.
- 5 years of demonstrated project management, cost accounting, planning, organizing, staffing, reporting, coordinating, and directing all aspects of a project or a program from inception through completion.
- Ability to respond effectively to changing events and competing priorities; flexibility.
- Superior oral and written communications skills, capable of translating and presenting complex technical and project management concepts to management and customers, through presentations and other written formats.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly build and sustain strong customer relationships through superior delivery and bringing innovative thinking.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and turning gray areas into opportunities.
- Demonstrated aptitude and ability to scale the learning curve as evidenced by record of education, professional certifications, and a variety of experiences.
- High levels of energy and superior follow-through abilities.
- Training/certification in Agile methodologies (e.g., Scrum Master, DevOps, DevSecOps)
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Experience with CDC governance and security processes
- Previous consulting experience or experience supporting multiple projects and customers
- Previous CDC and/or Public Health experience or global health experience
- Opensource technology development experience
- Interest in and passion for solving complex problems
- Understanding of and interest in public health and / or global health
- Experience with public health informatics projects in the federal or non-profit / university arena
Public Trust Security Clearance is required.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:NACI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.