The Systems Support & Innovations Division is seeking a Business Development/Capture Manager.
The Business Development Manager is a key member of the Business Development and Strategy team for the organization. The position location is located in/or around Washington DC and will require business travel as needed for a geographically dispersed organization. Teleworking arrangement is an option for the ideal candidate.
This position reports to the Systems Support & Innovations Business Development Director and is a position accountable for the execution and growth of current key/strategic U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) product support, logistics, Logistics IT, and supply chain markets. The market areas may also include closely related COCOM or joint agencies. The successful candidate will identify new business opportunities that fit the organization’s strategy, develop and maintain prospective customer relationships, understand customer budgets, problems, issues, and constraints, and develop winning solutions. Candidates at this level will develop the initial capture strategy, internal and external partnerships, business plans and associated marketing for each opportunity. The BD Manager will leverage customer relationships and personal experience in assessing potential business opportunities that result in measurable revenue growth, qualify them as meaningful opportunities, and work with other professional BD managers to win new business. For each opportunity, the BD Manager will be expected to identify capability gaps, emerging requirements, conduct business intelligence, monitor competitor activity, and develop solution concepts in accordance with requirements that can be executed at reasonable profit. The BD Manager is responsible for ensuring excellence in delivery of full life cycle business development and Capture activities, including management of bid and proposal (B&P) resources, target identification, capture strategies, proposal management, account management, packaged service offerings, contract award and customer relations specifically for the large DOD logistics, Logistics IT, and supply chain market segments.
Manage, sustain, and grow a pipeline of opportunities with a value in excess of $1B. Proactively identify new business opportunities.
Support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline.
Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budgets, capabilities required, current customer preferences, competitive environment assessments, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses.
Develop and execute call plans. Provide detailed reports on follow up activities after plan execution.
Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
Participate as required in the Leidos business development process, including pipeline reviews, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, and proposal reviews.
Brief business development status to senior management when material changes occur and as required by the Leidos business development process.
Collaborate with Leidos Account Managers, IDIQ PMs, other BD personnel and capture and line management to support cross enterprise objectives and customer engagement.
Serve as Capture Manager for selected opportunities, either all the way to award or in the early capture phase.
Ability to travel as required, based on negotiated work location, up to 50% per month.
- Must have a demonstrated track record of designing and executing successful Business Development and Capture strategies and achieving profitable revenue growth in federal government contracting work.
- Must have a reputation for being able to work collaboratively with high performance teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidate must have 12+ or more years of related recent business development/capture experience.
- Proven ability to build business cases when investments are needed to pursue an opportunity.
- The candidate will have primary military/DoD experience and have previously served as a program manager / line manager before transitioning to the business development field.
- An understanding of teaming and subcontracting to include experience with creating teaming agreements, vendor relationships, service level agreements, and contractor teaming arrangements.
- Understand US military budget, investments and acquisition processes.
- Strong background in Logistics and Fleet/Lifecycle Management along with the IT systems, processes, and technologies that support them.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports.
- A demonstrated sustained ability and reputation of winning complex, DOD programs with values over $50M is essential. Portfolio of submittals and awards should include experience in all types of government contracts (firm-fixed price, T&M, cost-plus, etc.) and a full array of capture strategies (major re-competes, incumbent capture, sole source, etc.).
- Must have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and highly effective interpersonal skills in order to carry-out daily interactions with technical leaders and business executives within the Corporation, Group, Operation and with customers, industry and subcontractors.
- Past experience that demonstrates the ability to contribute to fast-paced business leadership teams will be a plus.
- DoD Secret Clearance or eligibility to acquire is required.
- Bachelor of Science degree from accredited university/college required, with concentration in logistics management, engineering, or a technical discipline preferred. MBA or advanced degree a strong plus.
- Defense Acquisition University Logistics Certifications are a plus.
Pay Range:Pay Range $110,500.00 - $170,000.00 - $229,500.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.