Leidos is looking for a Lab Manager/System Administrator to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a complex and fast-paced program.
The individual will be responsible for maintaining the program test lab environment and ensuring that all lab systems are test ready. Duties include configuring and installing test lab equipment, performing daily system administration and troubleshooting, assisting with security assessments, and supporting system engineering requirements to meet operational needs, as well as engineering, deploying, and maintaining new capabilities.
- Install operating systems onto workstations.
- Identify and take corrective action to resolve hardware and software issues.
- Maintaining the environment to include ensuring system tokens and certificates are kept current.
- Proactively collaborate with test leads and participate in Defect Reporting (DR) management and resolution.
- Communicate with users and publish status of system outages as needed.
- Collaborate with logisticians and other lab administrators in conducting inventories of test lab equipment and material.
- Identify hardware and software needs and initiate order, receive, and install equipment.
- Collaborate with test lab support personnel at offsite locations.
- Work with integration and security teams as needed:
- Maintain and support system images and work closely with the integration and security teams to harden the images.
- Manage and execute processes for information assurance vulnerability alerts (IAVAs).
- Perform system security scans of equipment suites in accordance with the System Security Plans.
- Assist with and perform security assessments of lab and production equipment if necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field and at least 4 years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Must have experience in Windows operating systems with ability to administer and manage complex Windows installations (Windows 10, Windows Server 2012r2).
- Must have experience in a System Administration role supporting a software configuration management and development environment.
- Must have experience with Network Security Technologies including PKI, Vulnerability Assessment, Multiple Domain, SSP.
- Must have the ability to administer and manage networking infrastructure, including firewalls, routers switches.
- Must have the ability to quickly and dynamically change systems/network configurations to accommodate customer development / testing schedules.
- Must be a self-starter with strong collaboration skills.
- Must be able to support planned after hours activities on occasion.
- Must be able to support occasional travel to lab facilities in Maryland and New Jersey.
- Experience documenting and providing information for security accreditation and certification.
- Experience in or familiarity with the following systems: Windows/Linux operation systems, VMware, and Networking (switches, routers, LANS, and cabling).
- Previous IAVA management experience.
- Experience or familiarity with Agile concepts including SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework).
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.