The NISC IV program at Leidos is looking for a Senior Strategic Communications Specialist to support the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Office of Policy, International Affairs, and Environment (APL).
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
Our team supports a wide range of FAA organizations in achieving their business objectives under a NISC IV contract. The selected candidate will provide executive-level communications support including strategic planning, producing marketing and communications collateral, executing internal and external communications campaigns, developing news and information products,
Develop clear and concise communications products and materials for internal or external audiences. Conduct research to develop new content and update existing materials. Define metrics to track communications effectiveness. Support the clients by applying creative problem-solving and an entrepreneurial approach. Ensure the creative development process is executed on time and on budget to high quality standards.
Other duties are overseeing strategic planning, developing and coordinating marketing communications programs, and creating promotional materials.
Specific tasks will include:
- Provide support to the Federal Agency through management of executive-level communications, strategic messaging, creative production, and content development;
- Synthesize complex program initiatives and policies to create messaging for employees, industry, stakeholders, and the flying public;
- Drive conceptualization, design and development of marketing and branding of Agency’s initiatives including event experiences, talking points, website content, video scripts, social media messaging, and other multi-media assets;
- Communicate client requirements to design and development teams, manage production schedule, and delivery of collateral;
- Drive client expectations, resources, design team and production schedule to ensure timely delivery of assets;
- Ensure collateral is up-to-date and reflects the organizations current policies.
- Bachelors Degree with a major in any of these fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. In addition, 12 to 15 years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent writing skills with demonstrated experience writing and editing executive-level communications, web content, marketing materials and communications plans.
- Skilled in communications and marketing strategy with demonstrated history of developing and managing projects in those areas.
- A working knowledge of branding concepts and writing for the web.
- Web experience should include understanding, embracing and using social media (FB, Twitter, Blogs, etc.) and new media technologies and techniques.
- A team player with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Must be able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Must have highly developed presentation skills, self-motivated and proactive team player, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be organized and detail oriented, have strong analytical skills, and is a team player.
- Prefer Masters Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Digital Media
- Prior experience working in federal government contracting, FAA is a plus.
- The candidate must have ability to communicate well orally and possess excellent writing skills to various levels of management, including data presentations through charts, graphs and MS PowerPoint.
- Skills include an understanding of Usability and User Experience principles, knowledge of web analytics, and experience with web page design
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:1000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Public Media Relations
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.