The Civil Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Cargo Integrator to work in our Webster, TX location. This position supports NASA in the Cargo Mission Contract’s Cargo Processing team by performing analytical assessments and physical processing of space flight hardware before shipment to various launch sites or hardware owners. The position includes Cargo Mission Lead (CML) roles as well, which are responsible for the planning, organizing, securing, and managing resources for the successful completion of a mission. The tasks of the cargo integrator/CML ensure that hardware meets requirements and cargo events run within scope, time, and budget constraints, with the ultimate goal of successful delivery to the vehicle integrators for launch, or the hardware owners in the case of return missions.
- Review the CMC flight specific schedule milestones. Identify and resolve issues or challenges to meeting milestones by communicating with the internal team.
- Identify Points of Contact, on-dock dates, etc. for tracking hardware deliveries for missions.
- Review and identify inaccurate or discrepant hardware data provided, and communicate with data and hardware owners to resolve discrepancies.
- Identify off nominal requirements, requests, and problems pertaining to hardware requirements and delivery to CMC. Utilize prior experiences, standard procedures, and basic analysis to resolve issues.
- Communicate issues and challenges to the flight CML, and provide facts and recommendations to assist in resolution.
- Organize and lead the Hardware Audit, including preparation of initial Hardware Accountability Matrix Report (HAMR), distribution of meeting notice, reservation of room, capture/closure of actions, etc.
- Manage the integrated hardware delivery schedule via database throughout the duration of the flight processing. Work with the CML, hardware providers, and NASA to identify and report delivery and/or handling issues.
- Conduct the in-line Hardware Verification Review (HVR). Review manifested flight hardware items to ensure program requirements are met, while observing hardware handling constraints.
- Identify physical issues with hardware items, make recommendations for resolution, and coordinate with hardware providers and requirement owners to implement resolution. Ensure issues are resolved in order to meet schedule constraints.
- Verify accuracy of barcode and serial number data and hardware hierarchy, which feeds the on-orbit inventory tracking report. Resolve discrepancies by coordinating with data owners, both internal and external contacts in a timely manner to meet report delivery deadlines.
- Track return hardware items (from on-orbit ISS) by developing the Return Manifest Disposition Plan (RMDP) and resolving discrepancies with data and requirements. RMDP is used as a plan for return hardware, then as documentation of actuals that returned.
- Conduct return hardware verification, documenting physical issues, differences from plan, and actual data such as mass, serial numbers, and barcodes.
Cargo Mission Lead:
- Generate and manage CMC flight specific schedule. Identify and resolve schedule constraints or challenges throughout mission timeline.
- Communicate with internal resources across various CMC teams, including physical integration, stowage integration, safety, sustaining engineering, and software development to ensure that milestones, requirements, and product deliveries are met.
- Identify issues and off-nominal requests pertaining to hardware requirements and delivery to CMC, and utilize prior experiences, standard procedures, and basic analysis to resolve issues. Resolution often entails communication with internal and external organizations and customers, including CMC management, hardware providers, Visiting Vehicle Team, and NASA reps.
- Communicate flight status as needed, including weekly Integrated Product Team meeting and bi-weekly CMC Management Board.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Organized, proactive, and communicates clearly
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft applications (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Familiarity with handling flight hardware
- Project Management experience
- Basic Microsoft Project Skills
This position requires successful completion of a government background check to access government facilities and/or systems. U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent/Green Card holder status is require.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.