Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking an Senior Network Firewall Engineer on the NOAA Cyber Security Center and Department of Commerce ESOC contract. the NOAA Cyber Security Center is seeking qualified Network Engineers to provide operations and engineering support for a growing program in Fairmont, WV.
- Perform maintenance and upgrade of Juniper networks routers, Gigamon Network Terminal Access Point (TAP), Fortinet firewalls, remote access systems and network management systems
- Monitor network connectivity and ensure high quality data transmission using standard network tools for example Netbrain, Ansible and Nagios.
- Serve as a liaison with 3rd party vendors and providers and be able to coordinate troubleshooting and provide real time updates via standard collaboration tools for Google Meeting or Skype for Business.
- Requires a technical BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Senior Level Network and Firewall Administration/Engineer knowledge (Fortinet, Juniper, Palo Alto, Cisco, etc.)
- Must have network and firewall engineering experience with designing, implementation, and maintaining Layer 2 and 3 networking devices and/or firewall devices such as Juniper, Dell, Cisco, Fortinet, or Palo Alto
- Working knowledge of network features and protocols
- Knowledge of Carrier Services
- System/Network Monitoring experience
- Have strong communication skills
- Knowledge of management of classified systems and the required security guidelines associated with secure facilities
- Experience with Information Assurance (IA) hardening and compliance (STIG, CIS, DSS compliance, documentation, etc.)
- Active Secret clearance and ability to obtain Top Secret clearance
- Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) experience (Fortinet, Palo Alto, etc)
- Network Terminal Access Point (TAP) experience (Gigamon, Ixia)
- Provided direct support to a Security Operation Center environment
- Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) experience
- IDP/IPS/DPI experience (Host Based/Network Based/NGFW)
- Red Hat certification (Certified System Administrator (RHCSA))
- Network Certifications
- Cisco (CCNA or higher)
- Juniper (JNCIS-SP or higher)
- Fortinet (FCNSA or higher)
- Palo Alto (PCNSA or higher)
- Knowledge of networking infrastructure suppliers and service offerings including; Cisco, Fortigate, Force10, Dell PowerConnect, F5 Networks, Juniper, Checkpoint, Palo Alto
- Familiarity with task automation
- Familiarity in remote administration (SCCM, SSLVPN, SSH, Remote Desktop)
- Must be able to work collaboratively with other system administrators, system engineers, and network engineers in a team environment
- Fairmont, WV
- Boulder, CO
- Remote Telework Possibilities
- Occasional travel is required (less than 10%)
Clearance: Must be a US Citizen and have at a minimum a Secret clearance or be able to obtain clearance before starting position.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.