Join a team committed to a Mission!
We are in search of an Accounts Payable Clerk to join the team on a fixed term contract of 6-9 months. The ideal person will have the ability to work remotely with a dispersed team, taking a query and seeing it through to resolution, working with and supporting stakeholders and maintaining best practice.
This role has arisen due to integration of business activity and additional workload created. The individual may be required to work across multiple systems in different legal entities.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Working in a moderate size team (6), the role requires a pro-active individual to take on all aspects of an Accounts Payable role and add value. The individual will be required complete all related tasks including data entry, query resolution, statement reconciliations, payment reviews and business query follow up.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Invoice entry – enter invoice information into system
- Invoice review – review invoice formats, ensure valid tax invoices for correct Leidos entities
- Query resolution – follow queries through to resolution
- Monitor open AP and review payment runs
- Reconcile Supplier statements
- Reconcile AP sub ledger
- Produce periodic reports
- Maintain business confidentiality
- Additional tasks may include: Auditing expenses
What Does Leidos Need From Me?:
- Looking for an individual to take their first steps into a large multination organisation
- Responsible for the production of customer invoices
- Previous work experience, ideally an administrative role
- Willingness and ability to learn rules and accounting requirements
- Understanding of basic accounting norms – double entry, general ledgers and sub-ledgers
- Good interpersonal skills and judgement for dealing with both internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to communicate, negotiate and influence effectively
- Enthusiastic self-starter
You Might Also Have:
- A plan to study – AAT, professional accounting qualification or business studies
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Similar experience in a finance administration role
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role BPSS
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Accounts Payable
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.