Leidos has an exciting opportunity for an IBM ELM Systems Engineer to join our team
In this position you will have the opportunity to define and design the Integrated Digital Environment (IDE) that includes IBM Doors Next Generation and Test Manager for our NAVAIR customer. Provide software updates to the IBM ELM environment and recommend improvements necessary to ensure operation of our IBM ELM System is operable. Manages configuration and implements system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the IBM ELM system as used in our Integrated Digital Environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define and execute system and software configuration management methods and tools for our IBM requirements system.
- Follow process to ensure the IBM ELM system is getting patched correctly and on time.
- Coordinate regularly with relevant Leidos departments, system contacts and stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot configuration and patch deployments when needed.
- Set up projects in DNG/Test Manager supporting Agile methodologies.
- Develops interfaces to the rest of the IDE that includes CAMEO Systems Modeler and JIRA.
- Implement metrics and reporting through configuration of the tools, including dashboards, and generation of ad hoc and standard reports.
- Works closely with the IBM ELM tools support from IBM via the IBM contacts.
- Work collaboratively with DNG user members applying Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Provide training and support for IBM ELM end-users.
- Bachelor’s degree (STEM) and a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of software engineering and/or tool development work experience
- Ability to troubleshoot web applications including windows environmental issues.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, detail oriented, with strong organization and time management skills
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken engineering technical English
- Self-motivated and able to collaborate with a diverse set of people from many disciplines
- Eager to collaborate, learn and share with the team
- Good communication skills
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with one or more of the IBM ELM tools - Doors Next Generation, Test Manager, etc.
- Knowledge of CAMEO and JIRA.
- Experienced in software configuration management practices
- Experience with Java, Eclipse, OSLC, or relevant/comparable areas
- Experience with application serves, preferably IBM WebSphere
- Experience with both Linux and Windows operating systems
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.