Leidos seeks an experienced Software Tester to provide support on a high-profile dynamic project in the Herndon, VA area. The Software Tester will be part of the manual test team verifying and validating a suite of desktop and web-based tools.
- The Software Tester is responsible for testing all aspects of the application suite including functional testing, compatibility testing, regression testing, designing and running test scenarios, ensuring all requirements/user stories have been correctly implemented, assisting with detecting, reporting, and communicating any defects found while testing.
- The Software Tester will perform accessibility testing verifying 508 accessibility standards are being met.
- The Software Tester will participate in peer reviews of requirements and test documentation.
- Working in a Scrum agile development environment, the Software Tester will collaborate with developers and test team members; adhere to project schedules and milestones; and provide status updates to Test Lead.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering and 12 years of experience OR a Master's degree and 10 years of experience OR 16 years of equivalent experience.
- Must have a TS/SCI with Poly.
- At least five (5) years of experience as a software tester.
- Experienced in the Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with testing software to verify and validate requirements.
- Experience with manually testing desktop applications, web-based applications, and APIs.
- Experience with detecting, reporting, and communicating any code defects effectively.
- Experience writing test cases in a clear, concise way.
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral, to convey technical concepts.
- Advance degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- At least ten (10) years of experience as an applications tester
- Experience applying software testing techniques and best practices
- Knowledge of requirements & bug tracking tool
- Experience with accessibility (508) testing
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, to convey technical concepts
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.