Looking for the opportunity to work on problems that matter, with colleagues that share your interest and expertise in AI and machine learning AND work from home?
Leidos is looking for a Predictive Analytics Data Scientist to apply their strong general knowledge of machine learning and artificial intelligence to operational problems. These problems can require searching for phenomena and analytic answers across multiple modalities (image, video, audio, lidar, and more). You should be comfortable working independently, leading a technical team, and collaborating with other researchers to implement and customize algorithms, with the goal of making them deployable and maintainable in a modern model CI/CD environment. Our environment requires strong Python coder skills with knowledge in using ML libraries (e.g., SciKit Learn) on both CPU and GPU compute architectures.
We are looking for people that are intellectually adaptive, inquisitive, and capable of conducting original science. You will work alongside junior and senior research/data scientists and software engineers with expertise in multi-modal information retrieval, UI development, computer vision, metrics, information science, artificial intelligence, and autonomous systems.
You will work to make their predictive ML models and results deployable into customer environments, as an AI/ML subject matter expert. Contribute to R&D of new approaches that produce measurable advances over state of the art. Collaborate with a team of AI/ML researchers and data/software engineers with expertise in multi-modal information retrieval, UI development, computer vision, metrics, information science, artificial intelligence, and autonomous systems.
If you like doing these tasks you will love this job:
- Develop AI and machine learning approaches to solve operational use cases with time series, unstructured text, and relational data
- Develop predictive analytics over time series data
- Develop analytics using Python and Jupyter notebooks
- Setup and use AWS instances to train and operate analytic models
- Communicate the potential for predictive analytics to improve operations.
- Develop and apply quantitative measures of model performance.
This is you:
- Bachelor’s degree with eight years of experience, or Master’s degree with six year experience, in Mathematics, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or Natural Language Processing
- Practical hands-on experience with developing data analytics, and the ability to explain predictive analytics and machine learning over time series data
- Hands-on software development skills with Python
- Able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance with a polygraph security clearance
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Experience with algorithm and tool development and deployment in both unclassified and classified Dev/Test/Preprod/Prod environments
- Big Data Skills (Azure, Hadoop, Spark, recent deep learning platforms)
- Experience with Deep Learning Frameworks such as Keras, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Mxnet, etc.
- Practical hands-on experience and the ability to explain reinforcement learning and transfer learning
- Experience with interpretability of deep learning models
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$5000.00
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Pay Range:Pay Range $91,000.00 - $140,000.00 - $189,000.00
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.